[Bug] Unable to cycle zoom w/o zooming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibe

Veteran XV
Right now it seems like you can't cycle your zoom level w/o zooming in, which is a real hassle.

edit: damn, on every other day i searched and a thread like this didnt show up... now i search after ive made the thread and it's already made. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
On a related note, I wouldn't mind being able to have a smoother zoom (in addition to being able to change the zoom level without actually zooming). I used this in T1, and absolutely fell in love with it. Instead of the zoom instanly snapping to the next highest/lowest zoom level, it zoomed in/out at a slower rate so you could keep track of things as you were zooming. You could also make this rate adjustable on the client end so that each player adjust the zoom speed to their preference.

Teflonatron said:
On a related note, I wouldn't mind being able to have a smoother zoom (in addition to being able to change the zoom level without actually zooming). I used this in T1, and absolutely fell in love with it. Instead of the zoom instanly snapping to the next highest/lowest zoom level, it zoomed in/out at a slower rate so you could keep track of things as you were zooming. You could also make this rate adjustable on the client end so that each player adjust the zoom speed to their preference.

zoomSpeed in user.ini

1.00 is instant zoom, less than 1 makes it zoom slower

Gibe said:
if you actualy read those threads (as i have), only the ones posted earlier this morning actualy talk about what im talking about.

I posted about it on Saturday. :)

In any case, hopefully it'll be fixed. There's certainly no lack of people being annoyed with it right now.

m19

Teflonatron said:

You can bind a key to zoom out if you want too. it's *something* like
MouseWheelDown = cycleZoomLevel 1

Adding the behind the command lets you zoom out (in case I got it wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back