[Bug] Unable to activate pack while other keys are pressed. Depends on key binding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurp

Veteran XV
If I am using WASD movement, and R - pack activation, then I am unable to activate the pack unless I release all the movement keys first.

However, if I use ESDF + R, then I can activate the pack perfectly fine.

could be a keyboard problem
does your computer beep when you do this (and are you sure your computer speaker is connected on the MB)?

I can't press certain combinations of keys on my keyboard without getting beeped at

yeah, sounds liek your keyboard. i once tried to play tribes 1 on a keyboard that only let me hold 2 buttons down at once. didn't work so well while skiing, moving diagonally, and trying to change weapons.

Packard bell keyboards are the answer. You can press 5 keys down at once and all the keys work. There is no telling how many new keyboards i have bought and returned for this same reason. 6 i believe.

Starwind said:
Packard bell keyboards are the answer. You can press 5 keys down at once and all the keys work. There is no telling how many new keyboards i have bought and returned for this same reason. 6 i believe.
I had a PB keyboard for about 7 years. Interestingly enough, I ended up karate chopping it in half when I got superpissed while playing Tribes. That was a couple years ago. I just recently got an IBM model M keyboard (the big ass, old ones) because I hate these flimsy ass newer keyboards. Unfortunately, the beeping problem still exists when I hit 4 or more keys at the same time. :( I was hoping that keyboard would fix that problem.

Alright...I guess my specific keyboard is just rejecting WASD. No prob. I'll work around it.

Although, I still consider it an annoyance. I've never had this issue with other keyboard-mashing WASD games on the same keyboard. (But then again, I can't think of any other games in which I use "r" - so maybe I've had the problem all along)

Starwind said:

Just tested it.
Funny never noticed it but I can't press w + a + s,
But I can press w + a + e + i +h + o + p

Just weard stuff.

i am neither as WASD or and ESDF player either

I am a RDFG with my right hand because i am left handed and use the mouse with my left hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back