[BUG] Control/Loadout settings won't save

Beelzy

Contributor
Veteran XV
Each and every time I launch the game my control and loadout settings are back to their defaults. For example, if I launch the game and turn up the mouse sensitivity.. after I exit the game and launch it again later, the sensitivity is back to 1.0. The sample applies for other control settings like key binds. And the same goes for any adjustments I try to make to my loadouts. Other player settings such as my player profile and gender do save successfully.

I have not been able to find any other posts on this topic, but please let me know if anyone else is experiencing it.

System:
AMD Athlon 900
512MB RAM
Windows ME
32MB GeForce 2 MX400
SoundBlaster Live! Value

It's a known issue, thanks, and specific to Windows Me...

I'm pretty sure it's been fixed. Let me get back to you with a workaround.

I am having this problem on win XP. One thing I haven't tried yet is making sure the ini's are read only...I made them not read only because I changed the console key and fov in default.ini and I never set it back to read only. (I can't test this now cause I'm at home for the weekend from college and on a crappy computer)

I've been having the same problem, but with my control/graphics settings. MY loadouts save correctly and my player info (Name, gender, voice) save correctly as well. I'm also on WinME, and to try to fix the problem, I made the ini's NOT read only because I thought that was the problem, and still nothing. Why would they be read-only in the first place?

-Stick

Ok, I found a little work around to fix the controls being reset. I went into the game and customized my controls then immediatly exit the game. I then removed DefUser.ini from the Bin folder (put it in a backup folder just to be sure) and renamed User.ini to DefUser.ini. Now whenever the game starts, the game overwrites the User.ini with your new default controls instead of the origional ones.

-Stick

Would someone mind posting a working User.ini? One with the mouse sensitivity turned up and some controls modified?

Me too I have the same problem on XP !!!! I have this problem on PlanetSide too !!!

Sorry guys, no workaround. It's a known issue that's been fixed in the latest builds, but I haven't got any easy way to fix it for you right now... I'll leave this thread open in case someone comes up with a clever solution.

shazbot! I never had this problem before tonight. I didnt change anything, and all of a sudden nothing will save. I noticed my IE cookies were cleared too(And I didnt do it myself), which was odd. BTW, XP as well.

Anyone have a workaround yet? Im not redoing my config every time.

Back