[BUG] Clientside Animation/Explosions

byteasc

Veteran X
There is a reoccuring problem of Animations/Effects spawning on Clientside after Dying and Respawning.

I would imagine it is a Net Relevancy issue where Server sends update to Client on the Actor in question and then Client handles it. It doesn't happen consistently though, only like 75% of the time. I guess it could be a Queue thing on Server -> Client, but not sure on the implementation obviously

I will see a Inventory Station blow up or Animate (and hear it).. then Die and Come back to same Station and it will Show the Explosion or at least Animate and make Sound.

Either all the Stations (Inventory, Deployable, Emergency) should make sure if they go in and out of Relevance that they dont "re-queue" the effects/sounds/animations.

Ya it's weird lol.

Also, the things that hold the deployables seem to open and close without a real purpose once they are destroyed and repaired. I've picked up mines with the lid shut hehe, looked funny.

Yep, I have gotten deployables by accident because I'd walk up to it while closed and hit F, without even thinking... and I would get the item

Yep, I have seen that occasionally too.. It seems to not always happen, maybe 50% of the time... but definately when you die and respawn and get in "range" of it

Back