[BUG] Buddies List Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

byteasc

Veteran X
There seems to be a limit as the number of buddies that will work currently... I assume this can be fixed...

This is in the log:

ScriptLog: To many buddies to fit in the filter string

None of the devs has that many friends so it hasn't been discovered yet. Now Ant can't believe someone can have so many friends(Just to clear this mess up) ;)

I don't receive a message box or anything... I just don't have buddies show up when I know they should be.. It happened alot last night and I checked Log and saw that "To many buddies to fit in the filter string" line..

I removed a few from the list down to 10 total now, and it works fine..

Keep in mind it may take time for the GameSpy master server to recieve and process an update from gameworld servers on the net. If your friends join just after Gamespy is updated by the server they're playing on, the Buddy List will not have an accurate location of where they are. It may take time for the "heart beat" ping to cycle around to that server for another check on who's actually playing there. I imgine some days are busier then others, especially since we're in Open Beta and the demand is increasing.

Last edited:
Code:
 		if (Len(temp) >= 255)
 		{
 			Log("To many buddies to fit in the filter string");
 			break;
 		 }

Obviously that is the offending line, which from all perspectives.. once the String has 255 characters - it becomes too long.. Whether it is 1 Buddy with a 255 character name, or 10 buddies with 26 Characters in each name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back