Brought up some memories

I was listening to the Jurassic Park main theme, which brought up some old memories. The first memory I have is my grandfather letting me watch this when I was about 2, which freaked my mom out because she thought it was too freaky to let an infant watch it. He said "the kid is fine, just look." I was reenacting the trex scene with the dinosaur toys he had gotten me a couple of days before, making the trex eat the army man toy I had. It's one of the few memories I have of my grandfather.

I say all of this simply to ask: what's the earliest memory you have? Or just a favorite memory from youth?

pedobear_250102.jpg

I remember when I was like two years old playing in my grandparents bathtub. I took my grandpas pill container and took a pee in it. I remember looking at it and wondering what it would taste like. I took a mouth full and swallowed it. I kinda remember that it didn't taste good at all. I can't remember what I could compare it to for taste tho....

Then another time I experimented with my poop.
But that's a whole different story tho... :)

playing excitebike on NES the day my parents took their first dog to get put down

Ripping butterfly stitches out of my forehead after I'd run head first into a windowsill when I was about two and a half. I still have a scar. It's been downhill ever since.

I have two distinct early memories:

1. Watching Armstrong's moonwalk on a black and white TV and not really understanding what was happening, just that everyone was really excited.

2. Waking up in my crib, looking out the window at the night sky, and seeing a CH-47 Chinook fly overhead in the moonlight.

i think i found bird shit in the yard and thought it was chocolate and then i ated it. it tastes baaaaaddddddddddddd........

I have an uncle that is just a couple years older than me. He came to visit, and we were rough-housing in my room with my brother and the next thing I know, I jump off the bed and kick my brother right in the back and send him flying through the lower panel of the door....needless to say the ass whoopin was monstrous, but the memory was worth it.

The earliest memory that I think I have is visiting my father in the hospital before he died and bringing him a rose with my brother and sister. I can see it so vividly in my mind, but my mother tells me it never happened. :(

Watching the taillights of my father's car, knowing he was lying when he said I'd see him again.

Moving into the house where I spent the majority of my life. I was just about 2 when that occurred.

trapping neighbors cats in my garage and torturing the fuck out of them with vice grips and cutting off their tails

Back