Broken Sword - The Serpent's Curse

Legend

Veteran XX
I'm sure many of us fondly remember Broken Sword. In the 90s the series' first two iterations were amongst the true classic adventure games alongside Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, etc. Unfortunately in the 2000s a misguided revival was attempted in 3D which didn't go so well, but the originals are fantastic. Definitely in my top 10 of all time.

Now there's an opportunity to have a faithful sequel to those originals, with the original designers, art style, voice cast, animators from all sorts of well-known studios, etc. Basically it has the potential to be the perfect sequel that we never got, much like if suddenly we had the opportunity to get a new Monkey Island sequel in the original style with the original team (omg).

Look at all this shit you get:

b2ca920f337bc135bdd80b586d44a738_large.png

In short, I think we can conclude: BACK THIS SHIT, MOTHER ****ERS!!!!!

Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse Adventure by Revolution Software — Kickstarter

True. This is the only one that's really interested me since the Double Fine effort, though.

It's easy to be overwhelmed by the Kickstarter avalanche, but in a way it's just a new medium for developers to get their games out there — much like putting them on Steam, Live Arcade, or whatever. Of course the difference is you pre-order and get to determine whether or not the game gets made at all, rather than making do with what publishers choose to green light.

So if it's a game that interests you, quit bitchin' and get ya fuckin' wallet out. :sunny:

Back