[Bread] Whole Wheat

I think what Rat means

:lol: wow, thanks for that insight.

However, just to let you know, you have it all wrong.

Yeast doesn't contribute to the flavour of the sourdough, the bacteria does. The bacteria and the acids they produce is what creates the distinctive flavour. Further to your comment, yeast is everywhere it is one of the most prevalent organisms in the world (besides bacteria etc), as common as dust. As such, any "sourdough" no matter its source, when moved is overtaken with local strains of bacteria and yeast of the new location.

So what you think Rat means, is wrong, yes his buddy has an aged sourdough starter, but thats all it is, it originated from SanFran and thats Rat's claim to fame, whereas in reality its probably been moved a dozen or more times and has no more semblance to a SanFran sourdough than my own.

Now, onto what yeast "eats" its not glucose and sugars, it is technically "carbohydrates" which includes starches as well. In the case of sourdough where there is no added sugar, yeast specifically eats the starches in the flour, as well as free sugars (few and limited in refined flour).

And yes, yeast is DEFINITELY used in distilling (no maybes there, I do my own distilling).

I correct people that have it wrong, get over it. Just the same as Giga trolls, and Rayn corrects people when they have financial advice wrong.

Also, Rayn, its "Dude, the fucking starter is a cool souvenir of his friends time in san fran" the starter is what he took, he wouldn't be able to take just the yeast.

It's just that Tribalwar has this morbid fear of being wrong, and when corrected they get all upset and pissy about it ... grow up, show some humility (as I do when I am proven wrong occasionally). The "Tribalwar Haterbrigade" is in full effect and I am the antagonist.

"Fucking know it all cunt" *SLAM*

:rofl: typical inferior reaction to a situation you are incapable of dealing with on a mature level. I guess this is why you're a fry cook in a diner (and I'm not).

Hey I have an idea. Somebody ask me if the sourdough Alan bakes with the starter I mentioned is sold at his bakery as "Authentic San Francisco Sourdough".

You think I am getting worked up? :lol:

I'm not, it takes a couple of minutes to post corrected information, the people getting worked up are the ones throwing insults, punches and other forms of hate because "Oh hell no, someone corrected me on the internet (complete with hand swishing motion)."

Wait ... "Does the sourdough Alan bakes get marketed as authentic San Francisco Sourdough" ???

he has a point. only really fat people that spend all their time with food and have no friends can correct everyone about this type of stuff.

sorry gigs. can't help myself sometimes. honestly though i'm a lot more proud of my magic beans. i had to trade a cow for them but they were worth it.

Gimme a sec, just going on the net right now and buying some gen'ooo'ine dried San Fraaanciscan Sourdough Starter so I too can [strike]boast about[/strike] mention how my sourdough is so much better compared to all my other attempts.

Oh, and to (hopefully) in 35 years regale how I have this really old sourdough starter that I got from San Francisco.

:lol:

Bitches get pissy over the darndest things.

i don't know why this is hard for you.

where it's from doesn't matter. pretend i said miami instead of SF. it's just where he happened to learn his trade. it's no different at all from me using the same wooden spoon every time i've made risotto since the first time i learned. it gets made with my risotto spoon, because it wouldn't occur to me to make it any other way, and because it brings me back to the first time again. it keeps me connected with my past in a very small way. his bread is awesome because he is extremely dedicated and just in general good at his job, and when he bakes with something that he's kept going for that length of time i imagine it brings him back to when he was much younger across the country. there is love in his food.

that's why it's special.

One problem with all that ... SanFran has a fabled history for Sourdough, and changing your story to say Miami is a crock of shit. If San Francisco wasn't important to the story it wouldn't have been mentioned, it would just be a 35yo Sourdough in which case the love and passion is right there, and not the "name dropping" (which Giga also fell victim to).

But sure, I admire his "love" of the sourdough, no argument there, but I laugh at tards who namedrop "San Francisco" whenever sourdough is mentioned like they have been touched by the right hand of god or some bullshit.

Is it important? No, not at all ... my goal from the outset was showing that the location of the Sourdough is unimportant in response to his "fabled" origins. It turned into a cluster fuck when none of your ego's could back down and say "You're right" and instead turned to insults and childish bullshit in order to belittle me down to how you felt when I showed disdain for your story.

Its funny though, really it is.
:lol:

Back