[Bread Thread] Do you eat the heels?

Do you eat the heels from a loaf of bread?

• Total voters
american bread can hardly be called bread its all white flour

repped.

Anyone that has lived in Europe can eat American bread and say that it tastes sweet. It does. Our refined white flour makes almost all of our commercially produced bread sweet. And we still wonder why cancer affects 1 in 2 of us. [/ngfm]

they should sell bread that doesn't have heels

somebody get on thi$$$

They do, but I've only seen it with wheat bread. White bread, get out. That shit is only good for toast and grilled cheese.

With that said, I don't buy a lot of bread unless I'm on a "I don't know what I want to do for lunch so I'll eat sandwiches this week" kick. Most of the bread I eat, I make from scratch.

As a kid a loaf of bread only lasted a day or two with 6 people in the house, so the heel was the best part.

Now that I'm an adult living on my own, the heels keep the rest of the bread "fresh" until it goes moldy and I throw the remainder away, including the heels.

I usually only get through 3/4 of a loaf at most, unless I have a stoned grilled-cheese night.

i have invented a special pan for cooking bread w/o heels but i cannot share the design here because it is currently in the patent application process

local sales have brought in almost $160,000

does this invention utilize a large steel box?

improving accuracy and reducing crust

interesting concept i heard about

i liek how malibru voted no she doesnt eat the bread heels

as if any1 gonna believe she doesnt eat the whole loaf of wonder bread with the plastic on it in one bite fukin walrus

Of course I eat them. Why would I throw away good bread? I eat them last because I think that the heels help keep the internal slices soft. That's probably bullshit, though.

I don't buy terrible fucking pre-packaged plastic bag bread to begin with so this is a non-issue. No comment vote entered.

Real bread, baby. Real bread.

blog%2Bpics%2B4614.jpg

And for sandwich goodness...

french-rolls.jpg

If you make sandwiches with plastic bag bread I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but bread ain't one.

I like my daily sandwich bread to have fiber, whole grain and other seeds. Sometimes Rye. It's a taste preference mostly, especially when toasted.

Last edited:
Back