[Boxing] Mike Tyson vs. Danny Williams

Yakuza? said:
Yeah, All i can think of was what kinda fucking hurdle is that gonna give the german guy who actually looked like a real pro fighter.
How long before he has another shot. that was his first fight in the U.S.
He wins but is robbed..
Basically schools oscar on the art of the jab.
Imagine how many Fighters are going to pass on fighting this guy. he is too much of a threat " see what he did to dela hoya".
same way de la hoya was robbed in the trinidad fight. same way de la hoya was robbed in the shane mosely fight. :shrug:

Last edited:
Yeah.
They need to come up with a better scoring system..
i dont know why they do not follow the compu box stats for the fucking desision...

Enlightened One said:
This is why you should not remain in professional sports beyond the age of 35 unless you are Jerry Rice or on steroids. Hey Mike, hang up the gloves buddy.
i guess clements, bonds, randy johnson and many others should listen to you :rolleyes:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Mike Tyson tore a ligament in his left knee in the first round of his shocking knockout loss to Danny Williams, his manager said Saturday.

Shelly Finkel said an MRI showed a complex tear of the lateral meniscus, and that Tyson couldn't even walk on the leg Saturday. He said Tyson's ex-wife Monica, who is a doctor, read the results.

"That's why he couldn't throw the right hand the rest of the fight," Finkel said. "I was screaming at him to throw it, but he couldn't."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=1849896

oh man.. that is exactly what i thought i had torn when i screwed my knee up this past week. still have water =/

Ok, figured i'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one.

I just got done watchign the tyson fight a couple times (they played it on showtime before the corralles fight and i set the Tivo to record it :D) and theres no doubt in my mind that Tyson woulda ended it, at the latest, the 3rd round had he not screwed his knee up. He was still throwing decent power punches, but when he went for those big power punches, he was having problems with balance. You could see this even more evident in the 4th round, once he started to get tired.

They did interview Williams before the corrales fight (good fight too!), and he said he wouldn't mind fighting Tyson again, basiclly to answer any "what if's".

But the bad part for Williams was, fucked up leg and all.....Tyson was still rocking his ass well into the 3rd round.

either way, it was a great fight.

Back