[Borderlands] You seen this shotgun?

Hive_Tyrant

Clambaked5
Veteran XV
It's the one that says 'Bad Motherfucker' on it.

Dark orange, hit's like a shoulder mounted nuke, and makes shit dead.

Dropped off a corrosive ant thingie boss in the West Rust Commons.

Post your best weapons here.

nice

i'm still only in the mid-twenties but i'm rocking a revolver that took out Mad Mel in about 9 shots

i'm level 18 now and wearing a sniper rifle which does ~200 damage or so.. i'm going all sniper and i love it haha..

i keep forgetting to use that god damn blood mount the whole time though haha.. very nice game!

I have a lvl 48 version of that. It is almost required to handle some of the later levels. I think its like 91x9 for dmg.

I also have a purple shotgun that is 252x11.

My Soldier is rocking a 450 or so damage sniper rifle that does fire damage. Orange, Volcanic Sniper of some sort. I'll have to move it over to my Hunter eventually unless I find something better.

Seems like oranges are pretty damn rare, seeing as between me and my two friends playing (together and apart) we've only found two so far. We're all level 37 or so. Maybe they pop up more on the second playthrough, but barring that, does anyone have any tips on places to find good weapons?

Wound up rocking the 340 damage two-shot revolver, along with a 91 damage combat rifle with decent zoom and accuracy.

Its odd how some white and green guns have more damage/accuracy than some of the purple and orange ones, sometimes it just seems random how they color and price them, like a white 380 damage 95% accurate sniper rifle worth about a thousand.

I have an orange level 25 pistol that's 140 x7 damage with ~86 accuracy. Basically anything close enough to not need to scope just gets liquefied. Before that I was using a level 19 orange pistol with 206 damage and x3 corrosive that had infinite ammo (but only a 2 shot clip).

The Eridian Shotgun is also pretty amazing. 99x7 damage and the shells bounce.

I'm lvl 27 brick and have only found 1 orange thus far.
A nice pistol, with more dmg than many sniper rifles. Only problem is it's a 2 shot, but reloads pretty fast, and never runs out of bullets.

Last edited:
The problem with the 250x11 ones is they have ZERO accuracy.
Who gives a shit? That's why you carry like 3 shotguns if you're playing Roland and specced into that shit.

I remember all my retard friends telling me how bad Sledge's shotgun was because it was 2 quick shots and it was terribly inaccurate. But at level 18 the thing can pretty much 1 shot any non badass so long as you get up close and personal. Combine that with the extra melee damage and that thing lasted me to almost level 30 for a close range pure damage shotty...

Now I don't really have any huge shotguns unfortunately, but I do have a ridiculously accurate 57x11 that can pretty much function as a combat rifle, pretty cool. Still on first play through though, looking forward to some of the 40+ gear.

What is everyone's opinion on rocket launchers?

They're OK, but very difficult to hit some creatures with. I only go with the high damage rocket launchers for a mid-range one/two hitter before I switch it out for other weapons. Usually for a boss I'll set up for a few sniper shots, deploy the bloodwing, set up a grenade for them to run into, hit them with one or two missiles, then switch to the heavy hitting machine guns, SMG, and revolvers.

They're perfect for taking out vehicles though. I'm waiting for a rapid fire 7 or 9 shot high damage elemental effect rocket launcher to show up.

The friend I group with just got a 5 shot shock launcher and it's amazing.

Off topic, but is there a way to hotkey your health packs? What about weapons? Can I have 4 weapon slots, but switch equipped weapons from my backpack with a hotkey?

I need to put this in my PS3 and start playing. I just don't have much time to game anymore :(

Back