Blizzard takes 2v2 away.

Nail Bomb

Banned
After further consideration, and after hearing from many players, we are going to change how we approach the 2 vs. 2 arena bracket in Arena Season 7. We still think the 3 vs. 3 and 5 vs. 5 brackets will ultimately offer the best play experience, especially for very competitive gamers for whom game class balance issues are most noticeable. However, we recognize that many players just prefer to play in the 2 vs. 2 bracket and will miss the chance to earn the current season’s gear. Therefore, we are going to still allow the 2 vs. 2 bracket to grant access to the current season of gear with three important exceptions: the current season’s weapons will not be available for purchase, the current season’s shoulder armor will not be available for purchase, and players will not qualify for the Gladiator title/rewards unless you earn the appropriate rating in the 3 vs. 3 or 5 vs. 5 bracket. We look forward to the changes in the next major content patch and hope to have a great next Arena Season.

they should still give access to everything that requires honor and arena points and just restrict access to the ones that are based off a rating requirement. this seems like a pretty stupid and convoluted way to do this.

Yeah, this is very old news and is going to kill arena for the most part. This change isn't going to force the people who mainly do 2s to start doing 3s like Blizz is hoping, they're just going to stop altogether. All they needed to do was raise the gladiator title reqs (say, if top 100 get it now, then after tweaking it, only top 30-40 or so get it) and raise the rating reqs on items. Hopefully they still allow you to buy the new t1 weaps with 2v2 rating; if not, then my warr alt is done for and I'll be quitting him - which is the same situation a lot of people are in with their mains.

Also, rated BGs are going to be a joke. Zilea, one of the US players at the regionals, talked to Kalgan about rated BGs and they're basically going to allow people to solo queue for rated BGs and have their own personal rating. The gear obtained for this will also be a lower tier than arena (so deadly compared to furious, for example).

Yeah, this is very old news and is going to kill arena for the most part. This change isn't going to force the people who mainly do 2s to start doing 3s like Blizz is hoping, they're just going to stop altogether. All they needed to do was raise the gladiator title reqs (say, if top 100 get it now, then after tweaking it, only top 30-40 or so get it) and raise the rating reqs on items. Hopefully they still allow you to buy the new t1 weaps with 2v2 rating; if not, then my warr alt is done for and I'll be quitting him - which is the same situation a lot of people are in with their mains.

Also, rated BGs are going to be a joke. Zilea, one of the US players at the regionals, talked to Kalgan about rated BGs and they're basically going to allow people to solo queue for rated BGs and have their own personal rating. The gear obtained for this will also be a lower tier than arena (so deadly compared to furious, for example).

personal bg rating? rofl... so basically theyre going back to the old school bg ranking system which was just an epic grind fest of fail

i thought 2v2 was the most interesting

I do enjoy 3v3 and 5v5 more. Its more team oriented and its generally quicker and more fun. In 2v2 bracket you can pretty much play by yourself. What I mean by that is, obviously some teamwork is involved, but good teams will kite you away from your partner and even better teams know when a switch is coming to counter. In 3's or 5's, if you don't see a swap coming quickly enough you're fucked.

However, its a bitch to get 3 or even 5 people on at the same time.

Back