Black licorice

Black licorice, yes or no?

• Total voters

Gandalf

Contributor
Veteran XX
I am addicted to black licorice. Red licorice is bleh. I’d eat it, but I’d rather do the black.

So, who enjoys the black? I dunno, there is something about that flavor. Same reason why I like ouzo. Drop a little ice cube into a shot for a surprise!

black licorice is best. Red is meh Plus, when you're like 12, you can use black licorice to make a mustache on your peach fuzz

730982000254-1_2.jpg

I don’t eat licorice anymore, but when I was a kid, Black all day.

I do drink a black licorice tea at work the Vietnamese girls bring in. It’s pretty fucking good.

there is no such thing as red and black licorice just licorice and not licorice. "red licorice" aka twilzers and vines is a wheat based chewable candy substitute loaded with artificial flavor and dye. look at the ingredients it is more similar to cereal than candy. mmm it is delicious but when you are talking about licorice there can be only 1.

I am addicted to black licorice. Red licorice is bleh. I’d eat it, but I’d rather do the black.

So, who enjoys the black? I dunno, there is something about that flavor. Same reason why I like ouzo. Drop a little ice cube into a shot for a surprise!

if you really want some damn good black licorice, buy from these guys. great black, not too expensive, worth it.

The Licorice GuyTM Old Fashioned Licorice

the cinnamon red version from them is really good too.

This would be a good title for a Blaxploitation flick.
Maybe even "Sweet Black Licorice" or Hard Black Licorice.

I can see it now.
She said she did it for money. Now she does it for revenge BLACK LICORICE

A cover - kinda like Silky Fine
iu

Golden

maybe i should try black
but red licorice rope at Disneyland in the 70s was the best.

Black licorice vs red licorice is a bit like chocolate vs white chocolate. Is white "chocolate" really chocolate? Not really. Red "licorice" is typically the same.

So, red ropes are fucking awesome. But real licorice, not just ANUS flavored sugar is different. It's actually pretty hard to find real licorice flavored licorice.

If you want to be a real old man - get some Simpkins licorice.
Stuff like this:
1004041-liquorice-sticks-10.jpg

1000402-Nipits-Original-01-500x500.jpg

Pull up a chair out by the lawn. Suck on these and yell at anything that moves.

Watch out for this -
1000403-Nipits-Aniseed.jpg

Notice this one is ANUS

I bought a big bag of wiley wallaby. Two pounds. Shit is soft and chewy, with a deep licorice flavor. It was around 12 bucks on amazon, I felt it was a good price for the amount.

I have discovered that some bourbon and licorice go well together. Take a little bite of licorice, chew chew chew, enjoy, then a sip of good bourbon.

Pretty good combination.

Back