Bike Recommendation

-KJ-

Veteran XX
Hey TDub cyclists out there, I was wondering if you guys could lend me some expertise in getting a bike. I am not looking too expensive ~$300 (new or used), probably just a road bike seeing as I am going to be riding it to class come September and use it just for getting out and enjoying the weather while we have it here in Columbus.

Even if you don't have a recommendation I would appreciate in atleast some of the terminology and specs info. For example I always see like 56 cm blah blah, and I have no idea how long or whatever a bike should be for a guy my size (6' 160lbs). Basically I just don't know what to even look for so whatever would be good. Thanks TW

I am getting a new road bike today actually, a Specialized Allez. I would actually check out Ebay or Roadbikereview.com...sometimes they will have good deals. Trek, Felt are really good roadbikes as well.

Just cross-reference the vertical axle with the horizontal axle with respect to your height and weight and you will find the gear-wheel ratio that suits your needs:

g8.jpg

Android1 said:
I am getting a new road bike today actually, a Specialized Allez. I would actually check out Ebay or Roadbikereview.com...sometimes they will have good deals. Trek, Felt are really good roadbikes as well.
You can't get a decent Trek, Felt, or Specialized road bike for $300.

Plus it doesn't sound like he wants/needs a road bike. He'd be better off with a regular mountain bike like a Giant Yukon or somesuch.

Back