[bike crew] be careful out there

i dont mind cyclists even when they ruin jogging trails w/ their bs

but ur asking for it by riding on interstates or shoulderless roads

KACBdLq.gif

Surface streets are ok, but that looked like an interstate hwy. And the cyclists was pretty close to the white line. I do the same crap, but when a car is coming, I move over.

cyclist may have been 'close' to the white line but the pickup was way OVER the white line

probably drunk

Is there a reason why they ride so close to the line? If I was riding on a road like that (or any road) I would be fucking paranoid and ride as far away from traffic as possible

Well that was obviously intentional. Truck was fine until about 100 ft away, then made a beeline for the guy.

Video shows truck clip cyclist on Hwy 69 - KAIT-Jonesboro, AR-News, weather, sports

BULLARD, TX (KLTV) -

A bicyclist was clipped by a vehicle while going over an overpass on Highway 69 in Bullard on Monday.

Bullard police say Mark Cathey, 57, of California, was riding on the northbound shoulder when a white Ford truck driven by 52-year-old Samuel Vercher, a Bullard resident, clipped Cathey. Vercher stopped and called 911. Cathey was taken to the hospital.

In the video, the truck can be seen approaching from behind Cathey, before clipping him.

Vercher was cited for failing to maintain a single lane. Vercher called later to check on Cathey.

Cathey was taken to the hospital and has since been released.

The police chief says that this was not an intentional act.

i dont buy the guys BS story about not seeing the cyclist but then stopping because he saw him in the rear view mirror

he could see him in the rearview, but not directly in front of him? psh

looks like he was trying to buzz the cyclist to scare him off the road, misjudged and hit him and then felt bad

as a cyclist, i would never ride on a road with high speed traffic like that.

driver's claim is bullshit- charge him with attempted manslaughter.

i know most of you dudes hate cyclists but this is fucked

now i know why you ride trails, lemon

when i worked in a bike shop it was literally about once a week some poor sap would come in all banged up with a mangled bike telling pretty much the same story. half of the time no one even stopped to help them out. yea i got into mt biking because of that.

its fucked and sad but there is some sick fucks in this world.

This actually happened to me once. I was in a cycling lane way to the right and got clipped in the shoulder by some guy who wasn't paying attention. The momentum almost threw me over the handlebars and into a pole, but I managed to regain my balance and posture through luck. I could quickly see through his rear window that he was holding up a smartphone in front of his face while he was driving. He briefly drove up on the edge of the sidewalk and and back into the street after hitting me. I imagine he was texting. I couldn't get his plate, because there was a car traveling right behind him blocking my view out.

This is why I don't go cycling as much anymore. If I do, it's on a trail, not a street with a cycling lane on the side. Between talking on the phone, texting, drinking, etc, there's too many irresponsible drivers out there. One accident could mean injuries for life or possible death. Not worth it.

Back