Big (Warner) Brother Is Watching You

|Rx|Diogenes

Veteran X
Might be OFN but my roommate just showed me this:

http://us.imdb.com/StudioBrief/

Big (Warner) Brother Is Watching You

In their latest effort to halt piracy, Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox have hired security personnel to monitor media screenings with night-vision binoculars to look for persons trying to use camcorders while the movie is being run, the Los Angeles Times reported today (Thursday). The newspaper said that at a May 18th press screening of Warner's Dreamcatcher, those entering the theater were also scanned with an electronic wand. In January, security personnel using night-vision lenses nabbed a person in the audience using a camcorder to record Fox's Daredevil, the Times said. "We have instituted a variety of measures at screenings, including checking the projection booths," Jeffrey Godsick, Fox's marketing chief, told the newspaper. (Several reports have indicated that many pirated films appear to have been shot with cameras mounted on tripods inside theater projection booths.)

whats wrong with that?

they are monitoring their private screenings to make sure no one pirates the movie almost immediately

so

whats wrong with that?

Ares said:
movie previewing on shitty cams is gay anyway

^^^^ Cams suck

If your gunna download it, just wait. Screeners always get released like 2 weeks after the movie does anyways..

Mytzylplyx said:
your movie previewing?

:lol:

I thought that was a clever wording, I guess "trial" would be a better term. I still go to see stuff I get on VCD constantly, just not all of it. A lot of the stuff I DL never makes it past the first 20 minutes.

Back