best motherboard for 6000+

Ok, for the love of God, Allah, Buddha and Bigfoot, GET A FUCKING CORE 2.

They are cheaper, faster, easier to overclock, run cooler... they're superior in every way, and the new E8500's are out with a smaller die size (5% performance increase on some boards, less power consumption, less heat).

get an intel c2duo and get this mother board

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

it's about $150 and it is the best value for the money

AMD is a waste of money right now. The C2Duos are far better and cheaper.

Get the C2D e8400 and the mobo I suggested above. That is the best value for your money

Or let me ask it this way -

I'm focusing more on cost, not bleeding edge. Can you beat the items I tossed up with Intel at the same price? If so, link me the hardware.

I wouldn't mind giving my money to Intel if I knew I was getting identical performance for the same or less cost as an AMD system.

Well the 8800 GTS isn't the best price:performance ratio. I would get the EVGA 8800gt.

You will be spending 40-50 bucks more for the e8400 BUT it overclocks like a mother fucker and even at stock is kicks the shit out of the amd cpu

Well the 8800 GTS isn't the best price:performance ratio. I would get the EVGA 8800gt.

You will be spending 40-50 bucks more for the e8400 BUT it overclocks like a mother fucker and even at stock is kicks the shit out of the amd cpu

Totally agree with you on the GTS nod. I switched the choice to the 8800GT and saved $100 there.

I guess I'm more afraid to build an Intel rig as I've had AMD since K6 series. I might give it a shot as I've read how badass 45nm is.

Is that intel board very large? Or would it fit well in a Mid ATX case?

That's crazy. I don't see the E8450 on that list though. Is it listed under a different name in that chart?

edit: newegg's mem finder for that mobo isn't finding anything. Got any recommendations on a 2x1 mem solution?

Last edited:
Back