Best Laptop For Music Production and Recording?

MastaPowers

Veteran XV
Been out the comp building game for a min.

any suggestions on either a complete laptop or website to build.

Is newegg still a thing?

thanks you savages.

For Music Production and Recording?

The one that runs the software you use the best.

If you don't already use some production software, start there before you go building computers dedicated to something you know nothing about.

For Music Production and Recording?

The one that runs the software you use the best.

If you don't already use some production software, start there before you go building computers dedicated to something you know nothing about.

I currently own zero computers, so hardware before software.

Laptop...

I'm going to be at DJ's house tonight who use to be big in the Sydney Rave scene, you want me to ask him what software(s) he recommends? I know he uses a desktop for music production, hooked up to turntables etc.

He has laptop, that's for work, using Excel and Word etc

Last edited:
If you want to play it safe - get the most powerful Macbook decked out.

That said - my production laptop is a new razer blade - QHD+ (1TB). Runs shit like a champ and I use the Thunderbolt interface to connect to a Focusrite Clarett. The blade came with a free full copy of FL studio. My primary DAW is Reason 9. I use the laptop when I want to be mobile. I typically use a workstation as my primary device.

It also depends on how serious you're going to be with this music production / recording?

Is it just a hobby to mess around with for a little bit? Or are you looking at mixing etc a bit more professionally?

I run with a 15" MacBook Pro / Cubase (also had ProTools for a while to compare) and bunch of plugins, which works more than adequately for what I need. Like with most things you could probably throw more money at it, but it boils down to how much it's going to be used and how.

Just make sure you get something with an i7 processor. Not sure laptop is your best option here

Not sure what you're getting at. MacBook Pro has an i7 processor.

Last edited:
http://www.wirerealm.com/guides/top-10-best-computers-music-production

Ta Daaaa! Amazing what happens when you type things you're looking for into Google. Pay attention more to the general info than the specific models, though :)

In the end: It doesn't really matter. Decent processor, decent RAM, and who really cares what else. Seriously, it's not a particularly challenging thing, people have been making music on computers for decades now, so you should quite simply be able to make music on computers that are decades old. So a freakin' Raspberry Pi could do it.

in fact, a quick google again, and:

How to produce electronic music with the Raspberry Pi

Last edited:
Back