best first credit card to get?

poof

Veteran X
sup tdubs
im entering the real world as I just graduated and am looking for advice on getting my first credit card. im making a decent wage my first year, not sure if this really matters. anyways- whats the best card to get in terms of benefits/perks/ease of use?

danke

Honestly it doesn't really matter....as long as it is free every year and it's not Chase.

FYI, you cannot charge a hooker with it and she doesn't come with an extended warrantee if you use the Amex like there is on electronics etc.

A low limit visa. Pay it off every month and do not get sucked in to their offers.

Wrong!

pay it off except the last 10 bucks. Keep a very small balance. Paying cards off, still hurt your credit rating.

Also, go to your CU/bank and get several (like literally 10) signature/collateral loans (secured). So you take 1k in and ask for a loan of 1k using your
1k as collateral. Then, take the 1k they loan you and do it over and over. make your minimum payments every month and carry these loans out in
varying lengths - no smaller than 12 months though.
DO NOT pay them off sooner than that, however, if you take some that are over 5 years (yes, 1k), you can pay 4 years up front and re-ammoritize them over the 60 months left.

Welcome to having a 800 credit score right out of HS. Well, in 2 years. Oh, and have at LEAST 2 revolving lines (CCs). Small limits are ok, but 2k is better. No more than 5k if you only make 30k/yr less.

sup tdubs
im entering the real world as I just graduated and am looking for advice on getting my first credit card. im making a decent wage my first year, not sure if this really matters. anyways- whats the best card to get in terms of benefits/perks/ease of use?

danke

At first I thought yolur name was proof. I was going to say "aren't you dead?"

hahah, fuckin' funny right?:nag:

Visa or MasterCard. I'd recommend using it to pay your utilities every month. Then pay the credit card bill off every month. This will help you establish your credit quicker.

Diner's Club is shit now days.

Wrong!

pay it off except the last 10 bucks. Keep a very small balance. Paying cards off, still hurt your credit rating.

Also, go to your CU/bank and get several (like literally 10) signature/collateral loans (secured). So you take 1k in and ask for a loan of 1k using your
1k as collateral. Then, take the 1k they loan you and do it over and over. make your minimum payments every month and carry these loans out in
varying lengths - no smaller than 12 months though.
DO NOT pay them off sooner than that, however, if you take some that are over 5 years (yes, 1k), you can pay 4 years up front and re-ammoritize them over the 60 months left.

Welcome to having a 800 credit score right out of HS. Well, in 2 years. Oh, and have at LEAST 2 revolving lines (CCs). Small limits are ok, but 2k is better. No more than 5k if you only make 30k/yr less.

WTF???? This is just riding your score up. When you actually need decent credit and a finance manager looks at this sort of shit they will can you because you have demonstrated that you are manipulating the system, not showing good fiscal management.

Also ive also read to pay off your credit card on the last day but leave 20 dollars or so. Ive been doing this all along, dunno if thats how ur supposed to d it but thats what I do

uhhhh
why have you not had a credit card since 18?
or are you 18?
graduated what
wat?

pay it off every month. Use it like you'd use a debit card. Get something with a reward attached, or no annual fee. either one. If you like giving people free money, take out loans and carry balances

with 1 credit line, i was above 770 paying it straight off all the time
so.

don't do anything amazon jim tells you to

every time you open a new credit line, your credit score takes a small hit

paying off every month is better than keeping a forward balance, and having a larger credit line is helpful since they track the ratio of credit used / credit available. if you already have been paying student loans or anything like that from school you probably already have a good credit history going, so find one card with a low interest rate and high limit and stick with it. also cashback cards are much better than reward points cards (ie the actual value of rewards you get from the same amount of spending on your part is better)

fuck leaving a balance just to raise your credit score. :lol:

i'v never once left a balance and when i went for my mortgage my score was in the high sevens.

if you get declined due to no history, get a secured CC from bank of america. your deposit is the credit limit and if it can converts to a regular CC, you get the deposit back.

Your college should have student versions of the major cards like Discover. They have a lower limit. Discover is nice because you get 1% back, and they run promotions that pay 5% back on various things.

Use it to buy your gas and groceries, pay it off each month.

Back