best current IRC client?

Java

In-Browser, you don't have to fuck with shit, no updates or special security hazards. Just open a webpage and connect. Having separate software when you already have a browser that does everything else just seems kind of silly.

I used to have an e-mail program too, but fuck all that. I don't have any problems with SPAM, or viruses, or the endless updates. Because FUCK THAT.

I would come back to IRC to talk to Data and Al Muktar. Scoobs also, maybe. Other than that, dunno why I would ever.

mIRC is genuinely the best. I used Klient for a long time but it's become abandonware, and now mIRC has added most things I liked about it anyway — particularly the tree view for listing servers and channels rather than that shitty horizontal bar thing. The interface has also been given nicer icons and of course you can customise the background/fonts in any way you want. I really can't imagine what more you could possibly want from an IRC client.

You do have to 'donate' to get rid of the nag screen I believe, but you can alternatively use TrialPay which isn't advertised particularly widely but seems like a decent deal:

http://www.mirc.com/trialpay.html

Basically you buy something through TrialPay and get the mIRC license for free. I've never used it but it seems to have a decent range of stuff you'd probably buy anyway at some point.

Back