Best console out?

Twi$ta

Veteran X
Im looking to buy either a gamecube, ps2, or xbox but im not really sure which one I want, being able to go online with it isnt really a big deal. I just want the one with the best games, which one would you guys say is the best to get?

well ps2 has some great games

problem is, they all look like shit compared to the stuff being released today

id say go with an xbox or upgrade your pc

If you're mostly gonna be playing console games with your local friends or by yourself, I'd go with the PS2...excellent bang for minimal buck, and the selection of games and genres is great as well. Sports titles, action, RPGs, fighting games (my favorite!)...you name it.

If you're serious about playing console games on the Internet as well, I'd probably go with an Xbox...more expensive, but the online multiplayer options are a lot broader.

Ben Reed said:
If you're serious about playing console games on the Internet as well, I'd probably go with an Xbox...more expensive, but the online multiplayer options are a lot broader.

Actually, Microsoft has been matching Sony with each price break.

Yogi said:
Actually, Microsoft has been matching Sony with each price break.

Getting all the extras to really milk Xbox and XBL is still a pretty significant added price compared to the PS2, though...PS2's DVD player is ready to use right out of the box. It might be a minor edge, but you can milk a lot more out of the PS2 right out of the box than you can with Xbox, in my experience.

I'm pretty sure they also made a multitap-type accessory for the PS2 allowing you to hook up extra controllers, as well.

Ben Reed said:
Getting all the extras to really milk Xbox and XBL is still a pretty significant added price compared to the PS2, though...PS2's DVD player is ready to use right out of the box. It might be a minor edge, but you can milk a lot more out of the PS2 right out of the box than you can with Xbox, in my experience.

I'm pretty sure they also made a multitap-type accessory for the PS2 allowing you to hook up extra controllers, as well.
The real advantage to the X-Box/price comp is the fact you don't have to buy a multi-tap for extra controllers and I'd hate to know how much 8 gigs of memory cards would cost a PS2 owner.

I'm very pleased with my X-Box purchase, but either way you'll be happy.

K-Rex said:
The real advantage to the X-Box/price comp is the fact you don't have to buy a multi-tap for extra controllers and I'd hate to know how much 8 gigs of memory cards would cost a PS2 owner.

I'm very pleased with my X-Box purchase, but either way you'll be happy.

nicely said...

I had a PS2 and it was ok for a while then I solde it and bought a used gamecube for 50$ and I'm much happier with the cheaper gamecube. Lots of fun for single player games or multiplayer with friends. I was a hardcore nintendo nut back in the day though so I may be more partial with a lot of the there exclusive games (read: Metroid, Mario Bros, etc.)

I have all three consoles and I play the ps2 the most by far, but that's mostly because I think it's the best one when it comes to sports games and because you can only play EA games online w/the ps2. (NCAA Football 2004 comes out next week :) ).

GC & Xbox both have a few good games, but definitly need more (here's hoping mario kart doesn't suck...).

I'm also kind of weird (I guess) because I thought splinter cell & halo & vice city were all overrated so whateva.

Oh yeah, and some games for xbox live would be nice >:|

I have a PS2 and a GameCube, the PS2 has a TON of games for it, and you can find older titles cheap (since it's been out the longest).

GameCube is great, but I only have 3 games for it right now (smash bros, ncaa football 2003, and metroid prime)

My only real word of advice: DON'T BY A CONSOLE SIMPLY FOR THE GRAPHICS PRETTY PICTURES DO NOT MEAN THE GAME WILL BE FUN

I'd recommend checking reviews on games for each system, figuring out what you'd like to play, and then buying whichever will fit you.

And like soemone said above, you can get used systems pretty cheap, so if you're into that then buy all 3 and be happy.

I barrowed LOTR Two towers for ps2 from a friend yesterday and i have to say, the graphics are the best i have seen for any ps2 game. Fucking amazing. I bet the graphics on the xbox version are the same or maybe a bit better but damn im impressed. PS2 has a ton of games more then xbox or GC. All are fun its just what you think will be more entertaining.

I just spent 13 hours (over a weeks time) playing and finishing Resident Evil for the gamecube. That game is reason in itself to buy a gamecube.

Our family only has one of the current generation system, that being the gamecube. I didn't pay anything for it, it was all my little brother and sister. The system itself is pretty bland at the moment (no online play to speak of, no DVD capability). However the wireless controllers kick ass.

Back