Berserk fans

Velocity said:
no dude the new game for PS2

No, dude, the old coin-op Berserk owns all these upstart bitches. It was intense!

Berzerk shares a rather chilling distinction of being the first known game to be blamed for an actual player's death. In January 1981, Jeff Dailey, a 19-year old Berzerk player, died of a massive heart attack right after playing his favorite game. His score was 16,660 (a very respectable score but disturbing for obvious reasons). On an equally distressing note, in October 1982, 18-year old Peter Burkowski, a physically healthy person who was alcohol-free and drug-free, inscribed his initials in Berzerk's top ten list twice in a matter of only fifteen minutes. A few seconds after that, he collapsed and died of a heart attack as well.

wBerzerk.png

That trailer was the fucking coolest thing ever. Anyone else watch the whole anime series for Berserk? It sucked ass how they "had" to end it so quick, when in fact there was a ton of story to go still. If anyone the game looks quite awesome, I hope we see it here in the states.

Predators Rage said:
That trailer was the fucking coolest thing ever. Anyone else watch the whole anime series for Berserk? It sucked ass how they "had" to end it so quick, when in fact there was a ton of story to go still. If anyone the game looks quite awesome, I hope we see it here in the states.
Skull knight wasnt even in it

Now that I watch it again, it makes me want to watch the whole series again. But I think the ending will stop me from doing so :lol:

Zelgaddiss said:
Skull knight wasnt even in it

Yes as I understand he's the guy who "helps out" in the end in the Manga. I had heard that it didn't do well when aired in Japan so they said "Quick end it" and thats why it ends so damn suddenly. The series was incredibly cool but the horrid ending really makes it less good as a whole.

i love the majority of berserk episodes, but seriously some are fucked up like how that griffin dude takes it in the ass to get money for his troops. thats fucked up right there.

If you think the anime is fucked up, you haven't seen anything yet. The manga is the most fucked up (yet incredibly awesome) stuff I've read.

I first saw the anime a while back, and decided to read the manga because it continues the story (the anime ends at around vol. 12, and there are 27-28 volumes now, so there's a lot more). It's also a lot cooler. Griffith has formed an army of apostles and they're basically conquering the world.

A lot of people say there will never be a continuation of the first anime series, but some think that after the manga ends (which will not be anytime soon), they will release a new series. It will have to be edited, though. The manga is way too violent (which is another reason people think they didn't continue with the original series).

No news about a stateside release of the game. I'd say it's possible, since the other Berserk game made it here. It's pretty successful in DVD and manga sales in the U.S.

im going to buy a ps2 just for this game heh (hope it doesnt suck).

looks like it takes place near where the manga is currently, man i cant wait until gatts fucks up griffith

EnriqueHavoc said:
im going to buy a ps2 just for this game heh (hope it doesnt suck).

looks like it takes place near where the manga is currently, man i cant wait until gatts fucks up griffith

Somebody said that the game is from the Millennium Falcon story arc, but there are clips in the trailer of the old Hawks (one shows Gatts fighting Caska and the others... wtf?) so I'm really interested to see what it covers. Will also be interesting to see how they end it, since there haven't really been any conclusions in the manga recently. Maybe it jumps ahead.

still my favorite anime series, probably always will be.
They'll make season 2 after seeing the dvd sales here in the US. If not the manga rox just as much as the series

Back