being fired vs putting in two weeks

Always best to give 2 weeks regardless however do not do so without having something else lined up. Never burn bridges because you never know down the line who will be where.

Sometimes..

in this market right now though.. the need for employees says 2 weeks is for chumps. They need bodies now

You are always asked why you left your last position. Dont get fired.
Can always say company was downsizing. Fire all the people they don't like, then hire new people. And yes it sucks that most companies are "at will" and can fire you at any moment. I save up all my vacation time until I have to use it.

The benefit of "at will" is it goes both ways.

Also consider this.. in today's litigious society.. you better have a damn good reason to fire and if that person is a protected class.. you auto-lose. If the fired persons produces a diary of offenses and can prove even a micro amount, and the company doesn't document every damn thing possible.. auto-lose. The employer is at a severe disadvantage if they are not up on everything and the amount they have to be up on is staggering. Most employees do not realize this

Last edited:
Krayvok got dicked on his sales job and went and basically started his own company and is doing awesome. If you are a great salesman you should be selling for yourself.

The benefit of "at will" is it goes both ways.

Also consider this.. in today's litigious society.. you better have a damn good reason to fire and if that person is a protected class.. you auto-lose. If the fired persons produces a diary of offenses and can prove even a micro amount, and the company doesn't document every damn thing possible.. auto-lose. The employer is at a severe disadvantage if they are not up on everything and the amount they have to be up on is staggering. Most employees do not realize this

Every single employee is a member of some protected class. Those protected classes just mean you can't cite them or imply them as a reason for termination.

Ive been working at the same company for 4 years now. The first boss I had was amazing and I learned so much from him. The last two years have been hell, my boss is a fucking boyscout cunt clog and he is a HR eknight in a sector that hr typically looks the other way. Im thinking of just bailing because Im almost certain ill be fired. This is sales

Prioritize yourself above all else. Unless it's your company, have an exit strategy to cushion the blow, and don't fall in love with the company. Sales jobs are generally shitty jobs that have a high turnover rate, even if you're strong in your performance.

I worked in IT for nearly 15 years following high school, a part of that dealt with sales in addition to technical support and on-site support. The winds change in the market place, and when you're there for so long companies will do just about anything to flush out the guys that have been there the longest just to reduce their costs in terms of employee pay.

It really does depend on what you want to do moving forward though. If you want to stay in that game, then you need to try and make the closing of your relationship with your existing employer as amicably as possible; even if you're not parting on the best of terms.

Again, regardless of what you decide to do, do what's best for you.

i dont think you should burn any bridges but most people i know never go back to the place they left if the new place doesnt pan out unless the company tries to buy them back at a bigger better payrate.

i dont think you should burn any bridges but most people i know never go back to the place they left if the new place doesnt pan out unless the company tries to buy them back at a bigger better payrate.

That is exactly what happened to me actually. I left a company for more pay and I hated that company for a year and my old company boss asked me back for substantially more money later and I took it.

So it does happen

but you just lie and say it was a market downturn, Trump, Obama, b/c you are transitioning or whatever

HR calls the other company to ask. Different states have different rules. Some can only confirm employment and salary. The range goes all the way to giving a full eval and why they left. Some companies wont do it because of litigation though. Dont get fired, and definitely dont lie.

ive never worked anywhere that will confirm an (ex)/employee's salary. I have noticed though that there are now automated systems that will say if you put in a number if that person makes atleast that much thats abusable.

i never understood why people need to know what ppl make. you are either willing to pay X for a new hire or you are not.

i will fire u w/o notice, but u had damn well better give me 2 weeks before u quit u fking scumbag pleb

Back