[Beer] What are you drinking?

Lonne Rider's Outlawed Red Spur (red ale). My dad doesn't think much of it but I like it. Then again we all have weird tastes in beers. I like the old ales, saisons, and rauchebiers, which my dad doesn't like. My brother-in-law is a big hop-head, but can't stand certain English species that have a minty flavor and he's bigger into stouts and porters. And my dad loves his pilsners.

New local brew.

88579cc38bc6199128fb738747c1f49c_320x320.jpg

Barrier Brewing Barnacle Brown Ale
and
Barrier Brewing Protagonist Imperial ESB

"Imperial" ESB sounds like a paradox. ESB isn't anywhere near the the IBUs of American beer because we like to hop the shit out of practically everything. The Euros have been brewing longer than we have and better understand balance and tend to drink their beer warmer.

Having an imperial ESB sounds almost like an American pale ale or close to it.

Switching to Yuengling because it's American.

And for some reason, I can only reach TW from my iPhone. Wonder if they blocked a bunch of IPs?

"Imperial" ESB sounds like a paradox. ESB isn't anywhere near the the IBUs of American beer because we like to hop the shit out of practically everything. The Euros have been brewing longer than we have and better understand balance and tend to drink their beer warmer.

Having an imperial ESB sounds almost like an American pale ale or close to it.

Nah - this is like a nutty chocolaty roasted dark ale.

they describe it as:
Protagonist - 9.1% abv Imperial ESB. This one packs a serious autumnal punch. Rich, nutty, burnt raisin, earthy, chewy, fireside companion.

protagonist.jpg

last night I had 2x pint of guiness, 3x pint of kokanee, an irish car bomb and a sourjack

I felt like assholes today

950d44eb1c66b7d6_org.jpg

The Brewing Industry International Awards 2004 winner

Champion Beer Trophy x 9

Best lager in the world, im proud to be a Fin :)

Back