BBS software through telnet

Locke355

Sexy Bitch
Veteran X
Anyone on here run / use BBSs through telnet anymore? I want to play BRE / LORD / TW2002 / PIT again.

I really want to run a WWIV BBS through telnet..but last time i looked you had to purchase some expensive software to do it.

hmm, I used to run a bbs thru telnet and even had the old door games on there

The Pit, TW2002, Operation Overkill, etc etc etc

I might be able to be talked into it again, for tribalwar guys if there was enuff call for it and I we got enuff ppl to play. Tradewars is shit w/ just 5 ppl

~wangel

sammuel said:
hmm, I used to run a bbs thru telnet and even had the old door games on there

The Pit, TW2002, Operation Overkill, etc etc etc

I might be able to be talked into it again, for tribalwar guys if there was enuff call for it and I we got enuff ppl to play. Tradewars is shit w/ just 5 ppl

~wangel

what software did you use and where did you get the games?

I actually have WINS (Wildcat Intranet Server) which is a windows based BBS. If users download the WINS client, you can play the original dos based BBS door games or you can play via telnet. I have the CD around someplace, but the app is buggy as shit and it costs a fortune to subscribe to updates.

Faken

TW2002 can now be run as a standalone telnet application. (do a search on TWGS).

I own a copy of the TW2002 server and I used to run games awhile back. I'd be happy to fire the server back up again.

PM me if you're interested and you'll play more than a couple weeks :)

i used to love tw2002.. but it is too time consuming and started sucking when people made bots to play for them.

i want a game of BRE.. possibly one against a different server in leagues like you could back when people had those gay little NETs up.

this LOGD is kinda neat. sad they can't make it just like the original. I accidentally hit T twice.. and lost some turns for the day. oh well :shrug:

ReCurve said:
what do you do after you join?

You start to build up your character. There is a FAQ on how to do stuff, but the basics is to go to the forest and fight the creatures to build up experience and collect gold. Once you have some cash, buy better armor and a weapon and you can challenge your master to level up. As you level up, you become more powerful in your field of study (Like magic etc..). After a it you can kill other players that are within 1 level of your current level, put bounties on people, get drunk, make out with violet at the inn etc... there's tons of hidden stuff in the game that you find by exploring. You can also torment souls if you die and earn spirit points that you can use towards ressurecting yourself or haunting live members.

Again, read the FAQ, it explains everything in detail.

Faken

is there anything i should know that is vastly different in LOGD from LORD? i dont want to read :p everything looked the same

Back