Battlestar Galactica DVD

Bane Grievver

Veteran XV
So I just got the Miniseries DVD (Mostly to say I owned a copy and to show people who wouldn't have seen it otherwise) and its great. The "series" rundown is a nice feature, but the deleted scenes, well, let's say it's easy to see why they were deleted.

I was reading on amazon.co.uk that the Season 1 DVD comes out in the U.K on the 28th. However, the dvd is region 2. I know my computer DVD drive would play it, but would a regular recently made dvd player in North America be able to play it? Any way I could check on the dvd player itself?

I want to get the 1st season, but I don't want to try to show it at someone's house only to have it not work.

Anyways, obligatory:
bom_05_03.jpg

Liza from CityTV Toronto:
Liza.jpg

Bane Grievver said:
So I just got the Miniseries DVD (Mostly to say I owned a copy and to show people who wouldn't have seen it otherwise) and its great. The "series" rundown is a nice feature, but the deleted scenes, well, let's say it's easy to see why they were deleted.

I was reading on amazon.co.uk that the Season 1 DVD comes out in the U.K on the 28th. However, the dvd is region 2. I know my computer DVD drive would play it, but would a regular recently made dvd player in North America be able to play it? Any way I could check on the dvd player itself?

I want to get the 1st season, but I don't want to try to show it at someone's house only to have it not work.

Anyways, obligatory:

Hmm you might be able to rip it with DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink and change the region code

Lack of a DVD burner doesn't help...

So there's no way to know if it will work here on standard dvd players unless I find out from the manufacturer I guess?

Anyway, Excel, here you go. I did it really quickly:

Excel2.gif

Last edited:
Evil Light Bulb said:
name of files please
$ lsc /files/Movies/Battlestar\ Galactica/*dvd*.img

-rw-r--r-- * * 4,423,972,864 Nov 28 00:53 battlestargalactica.s1.vol1.dvd.sc.img
-rw-r--r-- * * 4,504,027,136 Nov 27 18:14 battlestargalactica.s1.vol2.dvd.sc.img
-rw-r--r-- * * 4,503,193,600 Dec 27 23:35 battlestargalactica.s1.vol3.dvd.sc.img
-rw-r--r-- * * 3,004,360,704 Jan 18 04:37 battlestargalactica.s1.vol4.dvd.sc.img
-rw-r--r-- * * 3,004,518,400 Feb 6 00:07 battlestargalactica.s1.vol5.dvd.sc.img

Check if your DVD player is multi region hackable. There are websites full of remote hacks for DVD players.

My Phillips DVD player was made multi region with a simple handset hack (5 keypresses), and as an added bonus it also does PAL -> NTSC conversion so I didn't need a special TV. :)

Bane Grievver said:
Lack of a DVD burner doesn't help...

So there's no way to know if it will work here on standard dvd players unless I find out from the manufacturer I guess?

Anyway, Excel, here you go. I did it really quickly:

Excel2.gif
aww, thats the mkII :D Kickass tho.

OMFG, please make me a sig! I LOVE that show.

I don't see the DVD coming out in the US for a while, isn't the series only halfway through here?

Anyway, I'm not going to delete the files until the DVD comes out here.

Austforbeer said:
OMFG, please make me a sig! I LOVE that show.

I don't see the DVD coming out in the US for a while, isn't the series only halfway through here?

Anyway, I'm not going to delete the files until the DVD comes out here.

I downloaded the entire series already, but it was recorded off of a British channel I think.

the new cylons are so badass...

seriously, first time i saw the raiders in flight i got a chill. so fucking cool.

Uncle Slappy said:
I downloaded the entire series already, but it was recorded off of a British channel I think.

I did too, but I want a DVD so I can have a tangible copy, and for the extras too (like Olmos' moustache)

If you have a DVD Burner you could always use DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink. Will remove the regional settings along with the encryption.

edit: dammit, someone already beat me to it.

Back