battlefield 2 mic problem

WiLd_FiRe

Veteran XX
i have bf2 and i haven't ever been able to talk on it.

first of all, i can talk all day on rogerwilco/teamspeak so i no its not the mic not being connected properly

i push the test button in BF2 and it gets that loud static sound, and sometimes plays the music of the game in the background. I thought, well maybe it is getting feedback from the speakers, so i plugged in my headset and it still does it.

also the mic boost, is not even an option to click in the game.

i dont know what the heck is wrong, i tried searching other forums and didn't see anything helpful.

i pretty much mastered the jet and choppers in bf2

i miss playing a little, but i eventually grew tired of the shitty physics and hit detection. not to mention the god-awful server browser and all-around faggy players. that game was all about screwing over teammates in order to have your own fun.

tf2 is bf2's polar opposite.

sorry that doesnt help. my suggestion is that you play a newer game that doesnt suck balls.

btw, whatup wf ;]

i haven't played enough to master the choppers and planes, the blackhawk is the only one i can fly

i just like running around in infantry really, but KJ and i are trying to play but the damn mic never works.

weird

im sure the people that still fly are a lot better these days, but i loved it. i had the most fun soloing in the cobra or z-10.

it really pissed me off that the jets were so imbalanced. an experienced f35 pilot could stay in the air, but they constantly had to watch their ass and be ready to pull a high altitude maneuver at all times. j10s can kill just about anything with a flick of the wrist. so many times i'd get 70, 80, 90+ kills with just a handful of deaths, but it was more satisfying to get 40-50 kills by myself in a chopper ;P

err.. the mic thing.. I believe there was something about the voice activation slider needing to be right down at 0% (not 1%, or 2%, but 0) if you're using a hotkey.

Yeah, it's a fussy bitch.

Haven't played BF2 in a while, but I was pretty good in a jet.

i have bf2 and i haven't ever been able to talk on it.

first of all, i can talk all day on rogerwilco/teamspeak so i no its not the mic not being connected properly

i push the test button in BF2 and it gets that loud static sound, and sometimes plays the music of the game in the background. I thought, well maybe it is getting feedback from the speakers, so i plugged in my headset and it still does it.

also the mic boost, is not even an option to click in the game.

i dont know what the heck is wrong, i tried searching other forums and didn't see anything helpful.

I reinstalled recently and have the same damn issue...

p5n-e SLI onboard sound or with my firebox... Either way no audio coming into that game for some reason.

Wow, for once I can actually give something back to the community...

When the game starts (or in the loading screen) alt-tab it and go to sound control (double click icon in bottom right of desktop screen) It automatically mutes the mic when the game starts (no idea why) so just click the box to un-mute it.

That's what my problem always was anyway.

Try totalbf2.com if you run into more problems, although I think it might be dead nowadays...

I too used to play a lot, Karkand was awesome for infantry/tank/apc operations. But near the end I got a mic so I took the skies in the attack helis, did alright most of the time. Game eventually died down for me due to extreme lag, computer crashing, and BF2142 taking all the players.

I never did buy BF2142, but I don't regret not getting it either. CoD:4 is a great game similar to BF2, I play it on the PS3 and love it.

Good luck with your problem, hope I helped.

Last edited:
Back