Battle for St. Paul [video]

According to some USA Today article I was skimming:

The arrests Monday follow raids by Ramsey County sheriff's deputies and FBI agents over the weekend. Six members of a group calling themselves the "RNC Welcoming Committee" were arrested. Axes, sledgehammers, throwing knives and buckets of urine were confiscated.

I want to see a video of those Albanian (I think) riot police, the ones that have the masks that look exactly like the Combine foot soldiers.

I would totally be down with oppression if it looked as cool as the Combine.

So let me get this straight.

The protestors, I assume they fit as "liberals" in the political spectrum, are supposed to be on the side of peace and love and unicorns.

... why are they the ones that always get violent, again? Do they forget why they hate the RNC amid the oil and blood fumes coming from the convention?

So I went to the RNC protest today and took some video of it. All in all I thought the police were pretty restrained, they didn't take excessive force from what I saw and the protesters were definitely asking for it. That being said, the police did start pushing back and in a big way. In any case, check out the video I made.

:lol:

This is awesome.

Need more anarchists in american, imo. Protesting has become too boring.

The problem is those lefties are too unorganized and have no real clear mission of what they want to accomplish. If they orchestrated very clear, focused DAILY events at the RNC they would get global attention. But instead... they all got arrested on monday and nobody cares. lol

So let me get this straight.

The protestors, I assume they fit as "liberals" in the political spectrum, are supposed to be on the side of peace and love and unicorns.

... why are they the ones that always get violent, again? Do they forget why they hate the RNC amid the oil and blood fumes coming from the convention?

The ones getting violent are the tinfoil hat anarchy types who feel that they are at war with a fascist police state and much finally stand up to power, etc. The american typess seem pathetic. The ones who organize ultra-left protests at the big WTO-type gatherings seem to have their shit together and actually get their message heard at their events.

USA ultra-left just make headlines on par with "200 morons got arrested yesterday."

I remember hearing someone complain about a bunch of arrests and raids on houses being conducted before the convention even started

that's a much better video ^^

"The band was named Hookers and Blow..."

:picard:

Good for Mccain to demand it be toned down, at least.

It's silly tho to spew the word "lobbyist" like it's being a Nazi, tho.

First of all, the lobbyists spent god knows how much to throw parties scheduled months in advance. They were obviously going to go ahead with them. To blame the GOP for that is silly.

Secondly, all those GOP insiders all showing up in town... even during a national crisis like Gustav, it's absurd to make a big deal if some of them meet up at one of these parties... grab a quiet table outside... and chat.

That's perfectly fucking natural.

It's cute throwing around the phrase "the behind the scenes business of influence and power" in a scandalous tone, but yea... folks flying from all over the country are naturally going to meet up and have a drink even during this "crisis."

I remember hearing someone complain about a bunch of arrests and raids on houses being conducted before the convention even started

Yep.

They raided some type of gathering place of so-called "anarchists" (a label easily misused). They allegedly lined them up, took photos, and may have taken a bunch of shit from the place. No charges i dont think.

Do you really want the republican Delegates from California being pampered by an oil lobbyist? They may expect a favor in return.

"The band was named Hookers and Blow..."

:picard:

Good for Mccain to demand it be toned down, at least.

It's silly tho to spew the word "lobbyist" like it's being a Nazi, tho.

First of all, the lobbyists spent god knows how much to throw parties scheduled months in advance. They were obviously going to go ahead with them. To blame the GOP for that is silly.

Secondly, all those GOP insiders all showing up in town... even during a national crisis like Gustav, it's absurd to make a big deal if some of them meet up at one of these parties... grab a quiet table outside... and chat.

That's perfectly fucking natural.

It's cute throwing around the phrase "the behind the scenes business of influence and power" in a scandalous tone, but yea... folks flying from all over the country are naturally going to meet up and have a drink even during this "crisis."

personally I think it's brilliant and I may need to change parties to get in on some of that shit :bandit:

The problem is those lefties are too unorganized and have no real clear mission of what they want to accomplish. If they orchestrated very clear, focused DAILY events at the RNC they would get global attention. But instead... they all got arrested on monday and nobody cares. lol

The protesters were more organized than the police in this case, which is rare admittedly. That is why the days leading up to the RNC police were raiding protester's house and seizing computers/planning materials under BS warrants like Fire code violations. Having actually seen some of the planning that went into this I would say the protesters are actually pretty well-organized.

wonkette is going through the gay republican postings on craigslist :lol:

Discretion Required - m4mm (Upscale Hotel)
Date: 2008-08-30, 5:19AM CDT

ATTN:
discretion is mandatory. must be willing to submit to background check and strip searches. absolutely no recording devices or wireless communication devices allowed. you will be examined and scrutinized by security before you make contact.

50yo Male looking for VERY discrete four-hour party at local hotel involving more than one male with a maximum age of twenty. hairless preferred. food, drinks, and toys will be provided as necessary.

young guy in town for the convention, looking for a good time - 25 (near Xcel Center)
Date: 2008-09-01, 6:51PM CDT

Hey guys-

I’m just getting in town for the convention, looking for fellow convention attendees to fool around and have a good time.

No Log Cabin here, nobody knows, so must be discreet.

I’m 5′8, 165 lbs, professional guy, looking for similar. We can grab a beer and talk about why Obama sucks and then get it on.

Closeted RNC supporter seeking a masc smooth man this afternoon - 48 (downtown mpls hotel )
Date: 2008-09-01, 12:05PM CDT

am conservative, bi and in the closet.. but love a hard younger body for making out and oral action.

my stats
5-9″ - in shape, masc , 6″ cut

was planning on the IMS party for Laura Bush today but it cancelled. so would like to bust a nut and have some other fun.

can trade pix

thinking of mid afternoon get together

:rofl:

I was there yesterday too, unfortunately my camera died right away as I forgot to charge it :( At the very least it was cool to see all that happen in St Paul.

Back