Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 2

ah I see this is one of the stories where superman decides to pretend he's not basically a god. probably takes place in his timeline right after he he turned back time and right before he destroys an entire planet.

Ya know I was interested before I found out that Mark Hamill wasn't doing the Joker's voice.

Now, fuck that noise.

Buy the comic if you have the chance. It deserves to be supported.

The first DVD was a lot of fun. They treated the source material very well. The build up for Joker's reawakening was epic, even without much screen time.

Really enjoyed both parts of this, though the Joker's voice was... off. It's not even that it isn't Mark Hamill, he just didn't sound like the Joker.

Also wish they had updated the whole US/USSR sub plot. It just makes the whole thing feel a little dated.

That being said, it's about all I could want from a movie adaptation of DKR. Highly recommended :D

Yeah I watched it last week, it was fucking amazing. Better than Part 1 which I loved (got it on Blu-Ray). I'd say it's my favorite Batman movie.

Also, I'm glad they kept everything close to the original story.

How can Batman take a punch from Superman?

Even fully powered, Superman always pulls his punches vs. mortals. But (in the story,) after a recent run in with an atomic bomb, Superman's power levels were severely reduced which explains his susceptibility to Batman's attacks.

Even fully powered, Superman always pulls his punches vs. mortals. But (in the story,) after a recent run in with an atomic bomb, Superman's power levels were severely reduced which explains his susceptibility to Batman's attacks.

Plus, the sky has been covered in a post-nuclear shroud, blocking sunlight from getting through. Superman get's his powers from Earth's yellow sun. I mean sure he could have just flown up into space and recharged for a few days but... you know, whatever.

watched both of these the other day

thought they were meh

maybe I'm spoiled with the great voice acting for batman and joker that I've gotten used to but it all felt wrong

Joker was pretty fucking diabolical in this one though, his voice just kinda sucked

Back