Band just out of the studio [link inside] Calling all CRITICS!!

[Stealth-RG-]

Veteran XV
Ok here it is. My band just finished recording our song "Through These Lies" at Rainstorm in seattle. We have a mixing session coming up on Tuesday to fix some of the flaws and levels and things of that nature. So i have been listening to this song for like an hour now and i have heard alot of things. Yet, despite my success i need fresh ears. So please listen and give your honest opinion. Like if you hate it like it or if you could even possibly critique it. Here is the link.

http://www.trucemusic.com/music/Truce-Through_These_Lies.mp3

Honestly it sucks, doesn't sound any different than any of the other gay emo music going around right now. Nothing stands out, singer isnt even that good.

i didn't like it.

to many bands now days just scream the whole time.
Thats what was great about nirvana, he built up to it.

[Stealth-RG-] said:
heh, looks like not many ppl like hrmm.. could you guys give a lil more info on why you don't like it?

It wasn't horrible, but the singer isn't that good, and the song is really repetitive

Main riff is pretty cool. Transitions are good also. For the type of music you're playing, it's a solid tune imo.

The singer is a little too weak though I think. Could use someone with a little more power in their voice.

edit: fix that guitar lick at 20 seconds
edit: kill that lead guitar note at 2:00 when the transition comes in. Sounds funny.
edit at 3:24 the guitar player sounds like he fudges the last notes of the riff, fix that as well.

That's all I can really hear atm.

Last edited:
i didn't think the singer was that bad really...bah what do i know

i just like more bulding up, i dont think you should have to yell the whole time

was this in ssx3?

i thought it was alright. (sounded pretty good but i'm not an expert in this type of music)

is there some guitar solo right in the middle? (edit: quiet part whatever you wanna call wefawefew;jle)

that one guitar (non rhythm or whatever you call it) needs volume.

I like the song but the mix just seems off in my opinion. Listen at the drums at times it hard to pick them out and other times your like "Lay off the high hat".

I think the singer sounds alright, but it sounds like any other pop/punk/emo crap thats out right now. Someone needs to break out of this shitty genre and get back to the roots of rock music.

Ok, listened to it a second time, it could grow on me, but its very repetitive. Of course, it could be the Captain Morgan talking, I have no clue.....

pretty good. good to hear something w/o screaming from tw. i actualy thought the singer was good. did a better job, and seemed to fit in w/ the music better than a lot of bands.

it's a keeper to me.

An example start listening 5 seconds into the song where everything comes in you have a good blend over all nothing is really over powering. Then listen around 11 seconds into the song all I pick up on is the high hat it distracts from the other parts of the song IMHO.

Also when the singer comes in and says "Your pushing me away" when he says "push" it sounds like he is spitting into the mic.

Back