Ban waterslides

Don't ban the Jokeroo.

a.baa-Coolest-water-slide.jpg

Right, and no upstop on the raft. There's a few Murphie's Law things going on here.

The park is owned by a family, and they basically designed the slide through trial and error. There's a documentary out there of how they did it (which will most likely be used in the law suit).

Appears the kid was in the front and the entire raft went airborne. A change was made this year to speed up the rafts going over the 2nd hill. This means the raft was launched into the bar.

The safety system basically kept the raft from leaving the slide at the expense of the rider.

There's also speculation the velcro strap came undone, but the two women behind the kid were also injured. One had a broken jaw, the other had scratches near her eye. This means the 1st women also hit the bar with her face and the one behind the net.

Last edited:
Right, and no upstop on the raft. There's a few Murphie's Law things going on here.

The park is owned by a family, and they basically designed the slide through trial and error. There's a documentary out there of how they did it (which will most likely be used in the law suit).

Appears the kid was in the front and the entire raft went airborne. A change was made this year to speed up the rafts going over the 2nd hill. This means the raft was launched into the bar.

The safety system basically kept the raft from leaving the slide at the expense of the rider.

There's also speculation the velcro strap came undone, but the two women behind the kid were also injured. One had a broken jaw, the other had scratches near her eye. This means the 1st women also hit the bar with her face and the one behind the net.

Just because you've been on every roller coaster ever built doesn't make you a waterslide expert.

Spoiler

so this deadly 170 foot tall raft ride has its primary safety feature based on the honor system?

also, sounds like you need to be kind of big to go on this ride.

There actually is a weight range all 3 riders have to be in, near 400 pounds. But I'm hearing rumors the scale at the top of the tower was broken. If this were the case and it was 2 women and a kid, they were probably under weight, which would lead to the water jet shooting the raft airborne going over the 2nd hill.

I've been to the original Schlitterbaun park in New Braunfels TX and rode the Master Blaster.

son of Republican state Rep. Scott Schwab
And White.
calebts.jpg

I'm surprised this even made the news. Although it does fit the narrative of evil white people and their killer water slide parks. Government needs to step in and protect us.

Also how was he 54" tall.

Last edited:
never would i ever go on something like that.
im a shrimp. normal roller coasters make me scared for my life if they dont have a harness which makes me feel like im strapped in for reentry.

rip rockin rollercoaster at universal in florida...
i thought i was going to slip out and go flying the whole time. it was 'exciting' i suppose, if you like the feeling of futility as you attempt to cling to something every muscle tensed in your body knowing it wouldnt make a difference.

Not a fan of schliterbahn buying up existing parks and slapping it's branding on them. Dilute the brand

This week has been a roller coaster ride for roller coaster rides

speaking of lawsuits

A 3-year-old Pennsylvania boy was airlifted to a Pittsburgh hospital and is in critical condition after falling from a roller coaster at the Idlewild and SoakZone amusement park in Ligonier on Thursday, according to reports.

The boy, from Jeannette was in critical condition and underwent surgery on Thursday, The Tribune-Review reports, citing sources. Park spokesman Jeff Croushore told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the child "was talking" and "was alert with his family" after the fall.

The incident reportedly occurred on a wooden ride called the Rollo Coaster, which reaches 40 feet at its peak and extends for 1,400 feet, with speeds of 10 to 25 miles per hour.

According to CNN, the boy fell off about halfway through the ride, which was built in 1938 and is not equipped with seat belts, however the ride does have a height requirement of 36 inches and mandates that any riders under 48 inches be accompanied by an adult.

According to the Tribune-Review, the toddler was riding with his 7-year-old brother when he fell about 10 feet off the wooden ride and hit his head.

Child, 3, Rushed to Hospital after Falling from Roller Coaster in Pennsylvania : People.com

that shouldn't be filed

Back