Back from Hospital [PICS]

Killer Angel

Veteran XX
I had a trimalleolar fracture the other day and had a nice 2 1/2 hour ambulance ride to the hospital (that's what you get living in Alaska.) They put in several screws and a plate. Had to stay in the hospital for 2 days before I could get the surgery. Unfortunately my guiding this summer in Alaska is over and look forward to 6 weeks off the foot and then 3-4 months recovery and therapy. At least sunny San Diego is the place to be for that.

foot.jpg

screws.jpg

Code:
                GUESS WHO RUNS ME                 
              (HINT: NOT MEL GIBSON)              

_._._                       _._._        
        _|   |_                     _|   |_       
        | ... |_._._._._._._._._._._| ... |       
        | ||| |  o NATIONAL BANK o  | ||| |       
        | """ |  """    """    """  | """ |       
   ())  |[-|-]| [-|-]  [-|-]  [-|-] |[-|-]|  ())  
  (())) |     |---------------------|     | (())) 
 (())())| """ |  """    """    """  | """ |(())())
 (()))()|[-|-]|  :::   .-"-.   :::  |[-|-]|(()))()
 ()))(()|     | |~|~|  |_|_|  |~|~| |     |()))(()
    ||  |_____|_|_|_|__|_|_|__|_|_|_|_____|  ||   
 ~ ~^^ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@/=======\@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ ^^~ ~
      ^~^~                                ~^~^    
Sher^

do the screws and plate ever come out?

Not supposed to, but the doc said that if they get in the way of things later down the road then they could, but that would be another big surgery.

How'd you break it?

There was a crazy hoe-down going down in Hope, AK with a bluegrass band and I was just dancing too hard when my foot went down there was a loud *pop* and I looked down to my foot pointing in a weird direction.

Not supposed to, but the doc said that if they get in the way of things later down the road then they could, but that would be another big surgery.

There was a crazy hoe-down going down in Hope, AK with a bluegrass band and I was just dancing too hard when my foot went down there was a loud *pop* and I looked down to my foot pointing in a weird direction.

Uh what, you broke your foot dancing at some shitty redneck music event?

that's a horrible story

Uh what, you broke your foot dancing at some shitty redneck music event?

that's a horrible story

Seriously man, that fucking sucks. At least make up something like you roundhouse kicked some would be rapist too hard. Christ that's an awful story

I wonder what it's like to be more machine now than man.

Isn't screws in there counter productive to healing? or is it to keep things in right direction to pull out later and finish healing? Doesn't sound like it from your previous comments. I'm no doctor though.

Back