Babysitting Bliss?

The_General

Veteran XX
I just finished up my first year of college and needed to start making some serious cash over this summer. My mom actually saw an add for watching some boys in Darien, CT (Rich Yacht Club Community, USA) and I figured the money would probably be good so I went to check it out.

I went once to meet the three boys (2, 7, 10 years old) and they were easy enough--down with video games, sports... didn't seem too difficult to entertain these guys. There I learned I would be making 13 bucks an hour and that the Mom was gonna be at the house while I came and played with the kids. Are all parents that... bad? I'm still taking the job obviously, but isn't entertaining and spending time with your offspring the mother's job?

Here's the good part. I just took a week trip to South Carolina and on the way back up I get a phone call from this Mom asking me if I want to go to Disney World with the family next week for a week (note: at this point I haven't worked for these people AT ALL). Airfare, hotel, spending money all taken care of. I think that means I won't be getting directly paid for my time with the kids but I won't have to spend a dime while I'm down there.

All in all, I'm pretty happy about this. Haven't been to Disney World in years-- but now my role has reversed and I will feel terrible if I lose one of these fucking kids amidst the Disney madness.

Tell her that you demand payment for entertaining her children during the Disney trip, as it will be a difficult environment in which to maintain a professional veneer and sense of responsibility, but you're willing to take alternative means of payment.

Remember to take pics for TW.

Where is her husband? Sounds like you're getting paid to be friends with her little kids, and that creeps me out.
I met the guy. His name is Xavier but he introduced himself simply as "X" to me. Apparently he's a French dude (i couldn't tell but that's what his wife said) and that he doesn't know how to play baseball so I need to teach his kids. America!

sounds like ur gonna have to baby sit them while the parents run around getting hammered at disney world

Back