[autism] Small Upgrade to my home theater.

Danno

Veteran XX
I had this dumb idea to put a transducer in my furniture. (A bass shaker)

I went with the Clark Synthesis TST429. The manufacturer recommended the Samson Servo 300 to power it. I started with just one Transducer to see if it would do anything. Total investment was about $750. The other brand I was looking at was the "Buttkicker." After reading reviews I read that the butt kicker only comes on at about 35 hz or under. The Clark will come on more frequently (but not unnecessarily, ie, footsteps, people talking etc) and I thought it would blend better with the audio than just abruptly coming on.

I put it in my la z boy right in the center console where the cup holders are located. It had the most room since you need about 5" of clearance to put it in.

Before I put it in the love seat I turned on and wasn't feeling much. That worried me. I mounted it to some 3/4" thick wood and put it in anyways. The thing surprised the hell out of me. I threw in Pacific Rim and it vibrates the shit out of the love seat. I can't believe I wanted to get two of them. I would describe it as if you had a really big subwoofer in the room. Good thing is it doesn't shake the rest of the house. Only the furniture. I do get weirded out by it because I keep thinking I need to turn my sub down because it must be shaking the house when it is just the Clark doing all the work. It fills in the gaps for my sub since I am basically on a concrete floor. If you were dancing around the subject of getting one of these I would recommend it. Just don't put it in a poorly made piece of furniture or it might cause rattling. Sorry for the shit pics...

lXt9CAj.jpg

zu7EmvT.jpg

Amazon.com: Samson Servo 300 Power Amplifier: Samson Audio: Musical Instruments

Clark Synthesis TST429 Platinum Tactile Transducer Bass Shaker

/autism

They make a bluetooth butplug that does the same thing. It's like the bass is coming from inside you.

I have 3 subs in my HT. 90% of the time the 2 down firing subs in the adjacent corners are turned off and I always have the front firing one on for netflix and normal TV watching. Whenever I watch an epic movie or TV show like The Expanse I kick on the down firing subs. My HT furniture vibrate enough from that lol

I could get a larger sub but since I the floor is... concrete ----> vinyl floor -------> carpet, bass has a hard time traveling to the seat. So if I got a larger sub it would shake the whole damn house.

I have 3 subs in my HT. 90% of the time the 2 down firing subs in the adjacent corners are turned off and I always have the front firing one on for netflix and normal TV watching. Whenever I watch an epic movie or TV show like The Expanse I kick on the down firing subs. My HT furniture vibrate enough from that lol

What downfiring subs do you use?

Last edited:
That doesn't look to be installed properly. The base isn't flush and tight to the wood, you're probably losing a shitload of power.

Maybe it's just a bad pic

No, one corner is a little awkward. I need a wider piece of wood. It was just some scraps I had lying around. I'll be refitting it to another board soon.

*edit*

Just kidding. That isn't flush. Didn't notice it. It WAS flash but I did have a screw that kept spinning no matter what I was doing. It was flash but maybe it shook loose. I was planning on putting it on a different board. I have no business working with wood.

Last edited:
quick question why do you want your chair / house to shake when you watch a movie

i never understood subwoofers either. is it just a cryptofetish that people are ashamed to talk about?

i turn up my tv so i can hear the words and the sounds. i turn it down if it hurts my ears. this system has worked 100% perfect never fail for 30 years. u need a new movie to watch if pacific rim anal stimulus is absorbing this much of your attention.

I don't have sex, what do you want me to do? Not compensate with speakers?

I watched Annihilation with the butt rumbler going and it made the sound track have a little extra pop..

i never understood subwoofers either. is it just a cryptofetish that people are ashamed to talk about?

Because in real life you hear/feel sounds well below 100 Hz, most TV and hifi speakers will not go lower than about 80 - 100 Hz so you miss out on a lot.

Subs aren't really supposed to be that noticeable or overwhelming, that's just low class teenage car stereo shit, but even with a subtle well set up sub you really notice it when they get turned off.

What is a good fart without the cheek rumble? Half a fart, and no one is going to really enjoy that.

I don't have sex, what do you want me to do? Not compensate with speakers?

I watched Annihilation with the butt rumbler going and it made the sound track have a little extra pop..

i get liking movies a lot, i have spent time reading about and improving my understanding of and taste in movies, but why does having your colon aroused have anything to do with a movie. that's not a joke i don't get it. vibrations are generally a very annoying thing, but then i also am not into assplay.

Because in real life you hear/feel sounds well below 100 Hz, most TV and hifi speakers will not go lower than about 80 - 100 Hz so you miss out on a lot.

Subs aren't really supposed to be that noticeable or overwhelming, that's just low class teenage car stereo shit, but even with a subtle well set up sub you really notice it when they get turned off.

What is a good fart without the cheek rumble? Half a fart, and no one is going to really enjoy that.

movies aren't very realistic though who cares

in real life i see in three dimensions, i am not one of these queers who has bought a three dimensional tv either

Back