Assassin's Creed 3

Gorlax

Veteran XX
What does TW think of this game?
the reviews are good. I got bored of the 1st one very quickly while I really enjoyed the second one.

I enjoyed brotherhood, don't know why I gave the series another go after the first one but I did. There's enough games for the vita to warrant picking one up when price drops so I'll probably grab this game with it though the vita is different apparently.

I've been playing it today. So far I'm not really impressed but I'm only a couple of hours into it. My biggest qualm is the technical side of things. It has a really rough look to it. Some things look great, textures in general and water. But the shadows have this ugly, "fuzzy" look to it, as usual non-existant AA, the draw distance is really terrible compared to previous games (how?), and worst of all the frame-rate blows. It really sucks playing a console game that runs at between 16-20 frames per second, I can't stand it.

But to be fair, most of these issues were just as prevalent in all of the previous games (minus the shitty draw-distance). I guess I was just hoping that they could figure out a way to iron these things out this late in the console generation. It's really starting to show it's age, I'm ready for the next one. I mean it isn't an ugly game, there are just a lot of little things that add up and are hard to ignore while playing.

I'm sure once I start getting deeper into the game I'll like it more though.

I was watching my roommate play it last night. It literally took an hour of loading screens and stupid walking around before he was killing redcoats.

F- based on my hour long casual observer experience.

the idea of an open world pre revolutionary USA with the detail that they gave to jerusalem, acre, etc, is too much to pass up

I loved the first one and i loved brotherhood. I never really got into the second one though.. I played Revelations for a bit.. But stopped quite quickly.

Will 'buy' this asap to try it, but i probably will just play it for a few hours and then quit like with most games nowadays.

I've loved every one of these games, so take my review with that in mind.

I'm loving the shit out of this one thus far. There's a lot of story and a lot of tutorial, but the story in these games is pretty fun to follow and running in the woods killing deer and other animals is pretty goddamned fun.

What isn't fun is all the QTEs for when a bear/lion attack you, but I suppose there was no other way to do it.

I think if you're into this series and loved AC2/Brotherhood/Revelations this is an absolute no brainer, it's an improvement on the previous and it moves along a story you've invested into. If you've only played 1 i'd probably recommend playing at least AC2 first, because it hink you really need to be into the story this world is trying to tell to really enjoy the game...the gameplay itself isn't necessarily hard (although they changed the combat again and i'm finding it much harder) but if you're invested in the story it becomes more of an action adventure novel/movie + game and then it's a ton of fun. Plus lots of tomb raider-y jumping puzzles.

I'm not even close to unbiased on this franchise and deserve any and all ridicule that comes my way, but I'm enjoying the shit out of this game thus far.

teddy said it all

It takes a bit longer to get into the game than previous games but it did a nice job of introducing the new character... I would have cut it in half but I don't make video games for a living.

So far, naval missions caught me by complete surprise. Fucking awesome.

I play these games to near completion because it's easy and fun... Then I'll try MP.

Playing the shit out of this game and lovin it.

i want to bump this because the story in this game is really stupid, i'm going to put it in spoilers in the hopes that someone can make this less dumb. I'm really pretty far along, so if you don't want to spoil some of the later stages of the game don't read this

Spoiler

Back