are the last 4 books in the Ender series worth reading?

children had too much of the characters going on about their feelings and doubting themselves and all that philosophical stuff. the best parts of the series were about war and politics.

i'm gonna pick up Ender's Shadow tomorrow. thanks for the input fellas.

Ya, I've always liked bean better then ender.

Also, if you like one side of the series more then the other you are kinda screwed because you will have to know both sides for the forthcoming book that bridges the gap and finishes both sides of the series.
What if it's been like 10 years since I read the Ender trilogy and I have only a vague recollection of what happened. Should I read them again before the new one comes out?

I dont want to get screwed by spoilers since I only read the first few books, but my two cents:

I had enough of that style of writing in the first 3 books. I just got sick of every character in the story being a super-genius. :shrug:

What if it's been like 10 years since I read the Ender trilogy and I have only a vague recollection of what happened. Should I read them again before the new one comes out?

I don't even know if he has started writing it yet, it is tentatively called Shadows In Flight and picks up after Children of the Mind and finishes both series (If you have read both sides, you know how this works). It has no release date yet, but I would probably recommend reading them again before it does get released, hopefully only a few years down the road.

Hey, I liked all of the Shadow books almost as much as Ender's Game - I don't know where all this hate for them is coming from.

But then, I enjoyed Children of the Mind, especially since it was just so batshit insane.

Enders Game and The Shadow books fuckin ROCKED. Speaker for the Dead (GAY) children of the mind (GAY)

I actually enjoy Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide. I think they bring up interesting ideas. They're definitely not action oriented at all, but they're still good reads. The ending of Xenocide (and by extension, Children of the Mind) kind of gets too strange at times though. I prefer the original series, but I've only read the Shadow ones up to Shadow of the Hegemon. Haven't bothered to pick up the other ones yet.

I liked the whole series, immensely.

But, besides Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, I think I prefer the entire Homecoming series more.

Back