Are granny smith...

Gobd said:
If it's the green kind of apple then yes. I'm from Washington, the apple state, trust me.

then shouldn't you know what color a granny smith apple is?

zing..

why the hell would anyone want a tart/sour apple. maybe for cooking purposes to put in food and such.. but i mean seriously... a sour apple is nasty..

fuji apples > *

Last edited:
one time i made an applie pie fresh, and for some reason thought you were supposed to use granny smiths

that thing was nasty as hell

Honeycrisp Apples are a new variety that came out a little while ago and are just beginning to reach maturity in commercial orchards. They're excellent eating apples and are far greater than your pathetic fuji apples that you cherish so dearly.

honeycrisp.jpg

theyre great for caramel apples, which is a wierd coincidence because the ad at the bottom of this thread is for "gourmet caramel apples"

but gala > all others

kicker said:
apples supposed to be sour. because god damn this thing is bitter/tart/sour.

:ftard:

Yes, Granny Smiths are sour.

If you can't eat them straight, try cutting into slices, pouring a little sugar on a plate, and dipping the apples in the sugar as you eat them.

Or just avoid them in the future.

Big Monkey said:
one time i made an applie pie fresh, and for some reason thought you were supposed to use granny smiths

Maybe because you are? I suppose you didn't add sugar.

Best apple pie I ever had was homemade from wild local crabapples. They're both tarter and sweeter than Granny Smiths. It's a pain to peel and cut all those little apples, but OMG the flavor. :drool:

Back