Apple Music app

CapnPyro

Contributor
Veteran XX
Just updated my phone and started fucking around with the trial. Besides seeing Taylor Swift there I don't know what's neat or new here, anyone else demoing it

yeah, it seems mostly like spotify. you can follow artists, but only like 2 that i followed are actually posted updates...trent reznor posted some no-vocal tracks and som re-worked songs from the fragile and with teeth.

i really like the curated playlists though....

and i like if you save music, it just shows up in your music list like you own it....so it integrates with the music you actually have stored on your device or whatever.

and you can use siri to play shit finally (couldn't do that with spotify)

i mean, it doesn't really offer anything different over spotify other than siri integration i guess.

but i'll probably switch from spotify to apple music.

yeah i like reznor's updates and curated lists. listening to their beats 1 music channel right now, hipster music so far

when you first start it it puts you through a quiz to guess the type of music you'll like to auto curate some lists for you. it did a pretty good job of choosing artists songs/genres i'd like

is there a point to jailbreaking anymore... apparently you can just use vshare to install free shit without jb

Btw the beats 1 music station is pretty legit, I find I listen to it more than anything else

QVm4z0g.jpg

jailbreaking is still useful for altering the way the OS behaves.

-moving the volume hud out of the way of blocking apps to the status bar or making the existing one transparent.
StatusVol2.jpg

- Jelly lock for unlocking directly to apps
JellyLock_0.png

- kill background 8 to kill all background apps at once.

- Columba for expanded quick reply functions, like being able to see the chat history of a conversation from the quick reply banner

-Dath Banners to color each banner based on the app the notification is for.
maxresdefault.jpg

-Safe Alarm - bypasses the volume level so that your alarm is always at full volume.

- Type status - to see when someone is typing a message to you in the status bar. shows when they read one too, also shows when they start typing a message to you and then clears it and doesnt actually ever send u one. all without having to leave the app your in or open the messages app.
TypeStatus-tweak.jpg

-Recent Facebook - to organize facebook mobile feed front most recent, instead of retarded top stories.

-noappstoreredirect - to prevent you from being redirected to the app store from an app or browser without you wanting to.

-go away period button to remove the extra, annoying and unnecessary period key thats next to the spacebar in the chrome app. makes it one long keyboard again.

-browser changer to make chrome the default os browser.

Theres lots of little ways to tailer the OS to exactly how you like it. a unique style thats all your own and exactly the user experience that you want.

Jailbreaking is fucking SUPER easy these days. download TaiG plug ur phone in and push the jailbreak button.. done.

those customizations are so minor that it's not worth making your phone unstable/buggy/unsupported for any of them

the only one of those that apple really needs to get its shit together on is how stupid the volume icon is. i prefer snapchats way of doing it

Back