Anyone shoot competitively? IDPA IPSC etc

My only issue with the idpa and other organizations is that the people competing go nuts with their custom high speed rigs they would never use as an every day carry. Completely abandons the idea of practicing for real world encounters. Then it’s just who paid to win the most.
IDPA is pretty chill. IPSC is $$$$

Yours truly shooting a bill drill earlier today :sunny: 2:24 with a 1.1s draw to first shot is okay, for a pleb. Best draw today was a .88

And on topic of gear, I like shooting from the concealment style holsters which is default for IDPA, it's a 'realistic' competition.

Last edited:
My only issue with the idpa and other organizations is that the people competing go nuts with their custom high speed rigs they would never use as an every day carry. Completely abandons the idea of practicing for real world encounters. Then it’s just who paid to win the most.

IDPA

"All equipment used in Defensive Pistol matches must meet the following simple guidelines: equipment must be practical for self-defense use, concealable, suitable for all-day continuous wear, and must be worn in a manner that would be appropriate for all-day continuous wear. "

I haven't shot skeet in 10 years but I was terribad at it. That shit is hard.

I used to shoot trap and skeet a ton out in Utah/Colorado when I lived out there. I didn't shoot much trap/skeet in OR. Recent;y, I ended up in tourney with 20 people at a hunting lodge. I ended up top gun. They shit themselves when I powdered the first 4. Scocbs is right, the sights are pretty useless. Trap is a hoot.

IDPA

"All equipment used in Defensive Pistol matches must meet the following simple guidelines: equipment must be practical for self-defense use, concealable, suitable for all-day continuous wear, and must be worn in a manner that would be appropriate for all-day continuous wear. "
Yeah, my mistake, I knew one of the two was pay to win. Was 50-50. I had heard someone showed up with a magnetic holster, just to shave fractions of a second off his draw. If there is a competition, someone will game the system.

If there is a competition, someone will game the system.
8216-Bloom-County8217-Revived-With-First-b28a64ef9256e4162cdfd9a36c190271.jpg

I always heard that you could only have hunting type guns in canukistan
Gov made moves towards this goal recently but we can still have some cool shit. Handgun sales are all frozen tho, so you get what you already have and that's it. In my case I'm 'stuck' with a G17 and Staccato P.

Our rifle laws make no sense. Some stuff like AKs and ARs are banned by name, but then we can buy Tavors and Bren 2s and ACRs over the counter. :rolleyes:

Gov made moves towards this goal recently but we can still have some cool shit. Handgun sales are all frozen tho, so you get what you already have and that's it. In my case I'm 'stuck' with a G17 and Staccato P.

Our rifle laws make no sense. Some stuff like AKs and ARs are banned by name, but then we can buy Tavors and Bren 2s and ACRs over the counter. :rolleyes:
My favourite is the SVT 40 is considered a long gun.
Like what in the actual fuck? It’s a full blown battle rifle. I can have one of those but not an FN (prohibited), or M14 (restricted?).

This one time at air cadet camp...
I fucked the hottest girl on the planet when I was doing my pilots license at cadet summer camp.
When she walked into the room, everyone, old, young, girl, guy, teenaged, parents, etc all stared. They stared and couldn’t stop staring. I don’t believe in 10’s, but if there was one, it was her.
Air cadets was good to me.

Back