anyone near san jose/fremont/newark CA

Pr0d|gE

Veteran XV
in town TDY from Germany, never been to CA. anything around here to see or do while i'm in town for a few days...

i used to live there... just moved to Portland

def and WOPR are still around though

go check out saratoga or palo alto, they're both pretty cool.. or if you want to take a drive, go to santa cruz for the day at the beach/boardwalk. you could also drive out to big basin and hike around in the redwood forest there, which is a lot of fun too.

Im from san jose.

I would recomend.

California Academey of Sciences in Golden Gate Park(San fransisco) - New museum type place opened up its pretty badass.

If your into sports, you can get cheap sharks(hockey) or warriors(bball) tickets. ~20-30 bucks for a ticket.

Nightlife. You can hit up SF for some clubs/bars for an wide variety of bars and clubs or you can go to Downtown San Jose which also has a pretty busy friday/sat nightlife though its mostly college students. However, expect a shitload of asians in both places. Lots of hawt asian girls though ;-)

If u like nature type shit, Santa Cruz is near by and has alot of hiking stuff. Also check out Hidden Villa for nature stuff.

Hope that helps

Local for 21 years. Santa Cruz is great for the beach or mountains. If you want a big crowded beach, go to the one right outside the Boardwalk; if you want something quieter and less private, go north on West Cliff drive away from the Boardwalk, there are 6 or 7 beaches within a couple miles.

There's a huge thing at the Tech Museum in San Jose about Leonardo Da Vinci (Leonardo da Vinci: 500 Years into the Future), it looks cool to me but I haven't gone yet.

If you like art, the San Francisco MOMA is always cool. Probably about 4-6 hours worth of art there at any time with a medium speed.

Hope you have fun here!

I live in Santa Cruz, 30 minutes from San Jose (over the Mountains).

The beach is great, but the sunny days are finally ending so might not be the best choice. If you do opt for SC tho, I can recommend some amazing beaches.

Big Sur and Big Basin are beautiful nature reserves. If you like hiking, check it out.

Deyoung Museum > Moma (both SF)

Last edited:
I live in San Francisco - definitely come up here when you have free time. Do all the touristy stuff (see the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Whart, Pier 39, Union Square, etc.), try some local restaurants (not Cheesecake Factory), and enjoy the nightlife (though it's probably nothing compared to what you're used to).

take BART to SF, see the sights, go hiking up Mission Peak and take in the view.

Edit: do you have a rental car and a free day? If so, wake up at 4 am and go to Yosemite. It is the most beautiful thing you will ever see...

Back