Anyone here work in a hospital?

I think there is a lot of schooling for it. Not sure I just started looking into it with a friend of mine. Right now we are going for being nurses but we are looking around and seeing if there may be something we want to do more.

the test is around 2 hours long I hear, and pretty difficult. I guess they use the generic names for drugs which really throws off a lot of people

JodoFett said:
I think there is a lot of schooling for it. Not sure I just started looking into it with a friend of mine. Right now we are going for being nurses but we are looking around and seeing if there may be something we want to do more.
There is schooling for it. I have some friends there right now or working to get in. Pharmacy is definately the way to go if you're interested but not looking for the hellish trip that you'll find in med school. Starting pharmacy positions also pay fairly well, and as long as you don't get stuck in some god awful night shift (430 beds + emergency capacity, from 7p-7a ? sweet fucking muffins :huh:) it's not that bad, at least in comparison to some other positions you could be in on the same campus.

Swamp Kitten said:
430 beds + emergency capacity, from 7p-7a ? sweet fucking muffins :huh:)
Just to add a little side note on the place that I work at:

They have a robotic "pharmacist" that prepares most of the scheduled non-IV meds. It's got some name--not an acronym--but a name like "gopher" or sumpthin. As long as the med has been entered into the computer system for the patient profile, the robot can get it & send it.

FngrBANG said:
It'll be a fun ride for ya...

Here's a little somethin' that can aid you in your drip calculations:I carry this document in my PDA. Other employees usually type it up on a short little card & place it behind their nametags. I don't refer to it all the time, but it helps me to double check my calcs when I'm in doubt.

Back