Anyone have links to, or the actual pics of, emilee/fallguy's current case?

99% of cases on the market are cheap, plastic covered piece of garbage. All I want is something light, plain yet cool looking, with good ventilation.

hmmm, sound dampening...

/me emails himself a note

owell, off this comp i go... finally got to this one (gotta reghost)

nice...
image.php

customer7.jpg

tru9.jpg

gallery2.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you find the 6070B at a decent price, em? I found it on Coolerguys.com, but there standard ground shipping was a much as Xoxide.com's 3-day shipping, and Xoxide only had the silver. I'd like to get it sometime this year =)

Do you order your parts online? If so, what retailers do you trust? I've only ever gone with newegg (I love them), but the don't sell Lian Li products.

TechnoDonut said:
What cases do you prefer/recommend, em? I was thinking about possibly water cooling.

I was looking at a Lian Li PC-60 or the new PC-6070

PC-6070
pc6070a500.jpg

I dunno what it is, but I really like the looks of this case.
I did too, I bought it!
Its very quiet and sleek looking.

I dont get whats so impressive about buying a bunch of prebuilt stuff and throwing it all together?

I went ahead and got it from Coolerguys.com Was just under $200 shipped I think. Have had it for almost 2 months now.

Damn. How are the fans that come with it? I was thinking about getting 4 panaflows from coolerguys, replacing the three fans that come with the unit, and cutting a second exhaust port into the rear of the case below the exhisting one.

side2.jpg

Thats my pc60... I was going to do all the watercooling and stuff, but kind of lost interest as well as funds, so it's just going to stay like this

the path you took seems weird to me, em.

pump -> hard drive -> radiator -> cpu -> chipset -> gpu -> reservoir -> pump

I spose it's intelligent enough, water's gonna be cool enough going to the hard drives, and it'll be good to the CPU since it's fresh off the radiator.

Just don't see it often.

(the setup above this post is just freakin stupid, the flow is split into two separate radiators, then it's connected again after the radiators to go into the cpu, then it goes to the chipset and gpu - WTF, just do the radiators in series, splitting is stupid unless absolutely necessary)

To be honest the HD cooler didnt cool much. It didnt go under the HD, like the new Innovatek one does. Mine just went on the sides, with rubber mountings to reduce HD noise. I was more worried about the CPU/NB/GPU.

Ive chaned almost everything from that water setup, like a whole new PC :cool:

unless you have basically no airflow in your case, hard drive cooling is pretty much not necessary anyway, but yeah some of the new ones do a good job. Koolance (I think it was koolance) has one that's made to do drives above AND below it.

Back