anyone do any fishing?

Live in Tx, fish on the weekends at Lake Alan Henry about 3 times a month. Usually crappie and bass.. Not hard core about it but use it to relax and chill.

I think 8-10lbs test would be better.

Also fly fishing is some pretentious ass shit.

Go ahead and go out and spend thousands of dollars on gear and have some yokel in shorts and an old pair of shoes with a six foot spinning rod and a Rooster Tail out fish you. :lol:

what the fuck

Not everyone lives on the ocean, though catching a blue marlin will probably forever be my most memorable experience.

you didn't catch it, you reeled it in.

If you aren't holding the pole when the fish bites, it isn't fishing.

I fish once a year, for one kind of fish, and only on one lake. Walleye on Lake of the Woods, Ontario. After fishing there, I can't get myself to go fishing anywhere else on some teeny round podunk lake.

Heaven on earth
OgpJDu5.jpg

Can see my trolling motor at the bottom :)

uh OK

tell me you have no rod holders on your boat and your trolling motor is not used for trolling (I'm sure you only troll in threads and use the motor for lure casting exclusively)

but nice looking place, fishing is the best

trolling, ugly stik's, live bait.....NOT FISHING.

you ever catch any musky on LoTW Vawlk? Walleye are some tasty fish, they stock a few very deep reservoirs in NJ here with them. I don't target them spefically as I fish mostly for bass and the occasional pike but if i get one of those by mistake he's going in the livewell lol. But other than 'eyes and stocked trout (which will pretty much die in NJ because of summer water temps in all but a very very few rivers and lakes) i'm strictly catch and release.

trolling, ugly stik's, live bait.....NOT FISHING.

you ever catch any musky on LoTW Vawlk? Walleye are some tasty fish, they stock a few very deep reservoirs in NJ here with them. I don't target them spefically as I fish mostly for bass and the occasional pike but if i get one of those by mistake he's going in the livewell lol. But other than 'eyes and stocked trout (which will pretty much die in NJ because of summer water temps in all but a very very few rivers and lakes) i'm strictly catch and release.

wait so, how do you fish?

I fish once a year, for one kind of fish, and only on one lake. Walleye on Lake of the Woods, Ontario. After fishing there, I can't get myself to go fishing anywhere else on some teeny round podunk lake.

Heaven on earth
OgpJDu5.jpg

I hope you're doing some muskie fishing too, walleye is hard
or bluegills too :D

Heaven on earth
OgpJDu5.jpg

glassy pic

uh OK

tell me you have no rod holders on your boat and your trolling motor is not used for trolling (I'm sure you only troll in threads and use the motor for lure casting exclusively)

but nice looking place, fishing is the best

I do have rod holders, but they are only used when moving from place to place. I never fish unless the rod is in my hand. The "trolling motor" is more of a positioning device. With walleye, a few feet can mean the difference of an epic day and not catching a thing. And with the wind blowing 20 most days, you need to be able to stay on the hot spot, thus a "trolling" motor.

I don't try for muskies but I go for fish that the pikes like to eat so occasionally we come across one. My biggest is 36". My brother sort-of caught a 55". 45 minute fight to find out that the muskie was holding on to the 16" walleye that he had initially caught. Right as I got the tape measure up to it, it let go, rolled over and disappeared. Both fish were caught on 6lb test with light action rods. The fear of losing a big one is a major rush and a huge possibility when a 20lb fish is pulling on your leaderless 6lb line.

I hope you're doing some muskie fishing too, walleye is hard or bluegills too :D
Muskie fishing is some expensive shit. We go up to eat walleye so we go out and catch our dinner each day. If you know what you are doing and know how walleye react on the lake you fish, they aren't that hard. It has been many years since I have come back without the boat's limit. But then again I have 30+ years experience fishing that part of LoTW.

i got tired of walking so i bought a boat

it is an ugly boat

ysLmUPo.jpg

14ft lund, came with an old 20hp evinrude, a couple of rod holders and downriggers and some old fish finder i don't know how 2 work

that's all you need brother, something to get you there. i laugh at these fuckers spending $50,000 on a boat and catching 4 fish a week. but hey, they got there faster and it looks nice for a few years. fucking idiots, paying $800 a lb for fresh fish.

love little beater boats like that

i had a '77 Boston Whaler 11ft sport with a 19.9hp, that thing was the most fun ever cruising the lake

unsinkable boat ftw

first boat I had was an old 14' wooden boat with a 6hp evinrude. Then I went got a 14' lund with an old 18 johnson. Then a 16' lund with a 35 evinrude. Replaced the 35 and got a 50 evinrude. Now I have a 17.5' SeaRay with a 115 Mercury.

20hp is fine for smaller lakes. When I had the 18hp, I wouldn't go much more than 8-10 miles away. Now, I average 20-30 miles per day and that would be rough in a 20hp. Plus, on bigger lakes where you may have a few miles of open water, it gets pretty rough when the wind kicks up.

Back