Any Windows Mobile users here?

im still confused about it. i had att, then cingular, then att "orange" and now i dunno who my carrier is :[ woe is me.

My only issue with Opera Mini has been that it doesn't work properly with the T-Mobile Tzones hack, so I can only use it over Wifi. If I'm using EDGE (ugh) its IE :(

pocketufo.

windows mobile version of xcom. combat graphics are the same, upgraded geoscape and menus.

the speed of the operations in windows mobile depends on wha device your using.. if your device is underpowered (as many WM devices are) then Windows mobile will lag and be slow.

The good thing about Windows Mobile is it's very customizable. You can hack the shit out of it and make it work the way you want to. Also, there's lots of customizations that make it way better than most phones.

I'm using an old 6700 atm, using ppckitchen.org to burn a custom ROM. My phone is 10x better than it ever was and I actually enjoy using it.

Also, check ppcgeeks.com they have a wealth of info for Windows Mobile programs/upgrades/hacks/roms.

(If you're GSM use xda-developers.com)

My 6700 with WinMo 6.1, HTC Streaming, Opera Mobile 9, Diamond keyboard (on screen), task managers and the a bunch of utilities, my phone can do just about anything.

I'm still looking to get the Diamond next week on Sprint though. :) (More Rom, More Ram and More Power will make mobiling even more enjoyable)

I had an HTC touch for 4 months completely customized.. i really loved it.

Then i got hit with an 8000$ data charge because rogers said"we dont have an unlimited internet plan"

even though it showed in hte notes of my account that i bought the htc touch and extended my contract with rogers BECAUSE of unlimited internet.

either way i told them they had to make good on hte fact that i signed a 3 year contract.. so they gave me 2 iphone 3Gs for $25 each (my wife had the HTC touch too and a similar bill problem)

so weve had the iphone 3gs for about 3 or 4 weeks now.. We got to keep our HTC touchs with windows mobile, but we hadnt touched them in 4 weeks. so we sold them yesterday.

theres just no comparison, iphone > HTC touch

the diamond looks pretty solid though..

Back