Any L4D (360) players here? [question]

Is it possible to cheat/mod?

It seems like there are some extremely fishy things going on and it's only from specific players.

I don't want to know 'how' to do it, just if it's possible to confirm my suspicions.

The only cheap exploit me and my buddies used on the 360 was the power shot. Basically you could unload an entire Uzi / Assault rifle clip in one shot. We'd wait for the tank to spawn, and have our power shots ready so that when he came into view he would immediately die.

Fun stuff, but they patched it.

some guy accused me of cheating once. he didn't understand the concept of surround sound and how it gives away infected positions.

I tried to play L4D on a console once after having played it thoroughly on PC

it sucked donkey dick

I've played a lot of 360 co-op L4D2, and I don't see any problem with it. Yeah, it's a FPS on a console, but it's fun and not horribly gimped.

The play style that evolved on console is what pissed me off the most. Granted I only played 2-3 hours total. The whole game just felt slower. Maybe it was just me playing with tards though.

you don't really need pinpoint accuracy in the game. the worst part about the console version is the matchmaking.

Still don't understand how people play shooters on a console after playing them on the PC.

It's frustrating to no end, but I can't afford a good gaming rig anymore. I'm OK on the console and honestly I've never been stellar at any game save for pubs of BF1942 (but that was because I went for objectives and knew how to fuck up tanks and Planes). I generally play coop games online with the console. It took a little getting used to but I think I am now at the level of ability I was at on PC (which again was not stellar to begin with)

you don't really need pinpoint accuracy in the game. the worst part about the console version is the matchmaking.

This was the reason I stopped playing it. It got to the point where 9/10 games you joined, everyone would kill themselves as survivors so they could play infected...and with both teams doing it the games got pretty lame.

It was also pretty ridiculous that the devs (I can't even remember who made the game now :S) wouldn't patch out the ridiculously easy fixes that were actually breaking the game (i.e. the whole forklift in front of doors/elevators shit. It took them almost 5 months to put out a patch that removed 2 objects and added some boxes under the ramp on the escape from the hospital.

THEN, instead of releasing new content they just made LFD2 and expected another $70. When the sequel was announced I traded LFD...

It was fucking awesome at the start, though :/

I finally went through and played a half dozen games on my steam account that have been rotting.

Two of which including L4D and L4D2 (only 3 missions in so far). Haven't played any multiplayer but kind of wish I actually got a chance to play them in their hey day since they seem really fun. Part 2 is especially obnoxious trying to play w/ just the computer controlled nerds and complete objectives.

I finally went through and played a half dozen games on my steam account that have been rotting.

Two of which including L4D and L4D2 (only 3 missions in so far). Haven't played any multiplayer but kind of wish I actually got a chance to play them in their hey day since they seem really fun. Part 2 is especially obnoxious trying to play w/ just the computer controlled nerds and complete objectives.
dude a lot of TW still plays 2, add me: captaninsayno

because they added aim assist in the console version

hurp durp so fun

i get it, aim assist takes away from having fun playing video games with your friends.... i don't have all the time in the world to practice video games so im forced to just enjoy them.

i don't have L4D2..but due to my ankle injury i'm gonna be staying in tonight. i do have L4D1 on PC though, and i wouldn't mind playing some games with you guys tonight if we have any takers. i haven't played in a while but at least i'm not a griefer.

steamid: xpsence

because they added aim assist in the console version

hurp durp so fun

Aim assist is the first thing I turn off on a console game. Its helpful with 1v1 but in objective games where there can be 5 people on your screen it pulls your aim off one person and gets you killed easily. Most of the really good players Ive played with on console turn it off immediately as well.

i don't have L4D2..but due to my ankle injury i'm gonna be staying in tonight. i do have L4D1 on PC though, and i wouldn't mind playing some games with you guys tonight if we have any takers. i haven't played in a while but at least i'm not a griefer.

steamid: xpsence

Damn boy you know I'm down for the L4D with the Krause-man.

Back