Answers to your Questions RE: Mercury

ConfigSys.boy

Starsiege Historian²
Veteran X
Those of you who have played through the Vengeance Single Player Campaign now, or who frequent some of the community forums, know that there are a lot of questions about Mercury in the wake of the game. His role and motives and just what the heck he's doing there.

Well we've got some answers for you. We've pulled an excerpt from our forthcoming Omnipedia and posted it in the forums in order to give you a hand. Also former Tribes Vengeance producer Chris 'Thrax' Mahnken has offered some insight as to his thoughts on the subject.

Beware however, if you click on the link below and you haven't finished the game there are spoilers coming your way. Consider yourself warned.

TRP Answers Questions About Mercury

so whats this deal with harabec? i remember playing starsiege ages ago, but dont remember anything about him being anything other than human

Krytoss said:
so whats this deal with harabec? i remember playing starsiege ages ago, but dont remember anything about him being anything other than human

He is human, but he is an immortal like his father (the emperor in the time of Starsiege). His brain just gets transfered from body to body after each one is worn down, unlike his father, who stayed in the same body that just became extremely robotic over time. This is why many believe Harabec is still alive in the time of T:V, or at least at the founding of the Children of Pheonix. After Harabec's "death" on Pluto, Caanan left his body there but cut off his head. I don't believe anything is ever said about him getting transfered to a new body or not, but the fact that his head was cut off leads me to believe it is still possible that his brain was indeed moved to another body.

most of this info wasn't in the cpamaign in Starsiege itself, but in the compendium and the history online at Tribesroleplayers.org.

Back