Another movie remake... Fantastic 4 (Aug 2015)

Fantastic 4 doesn't seem like that hard of a property to make a decent movie out of.

Why they don't just embrace Dr. Doom being a technowizard that runs his own damn country is beyond me.

Marvel made a tree and a talking raccoon that hardly anyone knew about work for fucks sake.

By the way guys, Marvel Comics, the publisher of The Fantastic Four, is not endorsing the movie, and is actually canceling the comic book title so as not to promote it in any way? They obviously do not like the liberties that Josh Trank has taken with the source material.

At first I was like .... adopted token black guy?

But then I was like... makes sense for the human charcoal briquette to be black.

They cancelled the comic a ways back, it had crappy sales as of late though. They are still pushing X-Men pretty well though, and you hear some minor talk of working them into the larger MCU in the future, mostly pie in the sky but so was Spiderman at one point. Hard to say how much the movie being a potential epic dud played into Marvel cutting bait on the comic. Fox doesn't seem to happy with Trank either though so who knows.

20th Century Fox controls the Fantastic 4 movie license along with Wolverrine.

That's why we get this barrage of sub-standard movie restarts (fantastic 4, spider man, wolverine ect), the studio that holds the rights needs to keep making movies to retain control of the property.

I'm sure that Marvel would like nothing more than to get back their missing franchises again.

Marvel is basically stopping comic production of everything they don't control movie rights for. They have no intention of handing other studios stories for them to profit on.

Back