[another cell phone thread] My blackberry died [phone gurus, info please]

JudgeU

Veteran XV
More specifically my trackball won't fucking work, which means I can't do shit on it.

The phone has gotten worse and worse. This is the 3rd time the trackball has gone on the fritz and by for the worst case. Also, lately, the operating system will just freeze and crash more frequently.

So, I want a new phone.

I have T-mobile. What's the best non-trackball cell phone I can get? I'd be willing to get an unlocked phone if people think it's worth the price/trouble. Also, I can't wait for "the best phone is coming out in a month," I'm probably going to go pick one up today.

Any info is much appreciated.

Switch to AT&T and get an iPhone. Or at least get T-Mobile's Android phone. I hope you learned your lesson about Blackberrys.

Also, I really can't switch to at&t. Plus, consumer reports always has at&t way at the bottom in ratings.

You know you can clean the trackball right? I had to do that on a monthly basis with my Blackberry.

But anyway... I'd get Verizon and get the Droid.

i just got the pre and it's pretty good but you'd have to switch to sprint or verizon

i dont get blackberries at all, fiancee has one and it seems like a pita

verizon sadly is still the best network provider, get the droid.

i dont have any problems with my bb. you could get a bb without the trackball... they're decent. but then again they dont have a nice internal cpu like the droid.

bb's really are only good for email/enterprise application. (exchange servers, outlook, bes, ect.)

Piggybacking on thread.

Ive got a BB and while I dont hate it, we dont use BB enterprise solutions for work, So the only feature I need/like is the emails coming to the phone and listing in the same window as the texts i get (My work uses SMS and email for orders placed & CS Issues).

I dont think I need a BB, but its been good to me. The trackball did break once, and the OS ate itself once, but both times I walked into a Verizon store and walked back out with a new 1 in under 15 minutes for free, so that was great. That could just be verizons policy though, or the phone Insurance I pay. (I figured I would be the 1 dropping/breaking it).

Is there any reason for me to stay on BB. BTW , I have a curve, so its a bit outdated. I have never been a fan of the touchscreen keypad like Iphone, but I do read the net on it and on a curve screen using and manuevering webpages is a fucking joke.

I am not in a rush to replace, so if something great and new is comign I can wait. Orig I head iphone was coming to verizon (fuck at&t) , and I was going tow ait and get that, but sounds like the droid and some others have already near caught up with it and I generally hate apple in principle. What say you TW?

are you paying for the plan? because you can get a cheaper plan with the smartphones (i.e. droid) compared to BB phones. I think it's $10/mo less.

My roommate has a BB storm2 and I hate it

Piggybacking on thread.

Ive got a BB and while I dont hate it, we dont use BB enterprise solutions for work, So the only feature I need/like is the emails coming to the phone and listing in the same window as the texts i get (My work uses SMS and email for orders placed & CS Issues).

I dont think I need a BB, but its been good to me. The trackball did break once, and the OS ate itself once, but both times I walked into a Verizon store and walked back out with a new 1 in under 15 minutes for free, so that was great. That could just be verizons policy though, or the phone Insurance I pay. (I figured I would be the 1 dropping/breaking it).

Is there any reason for me to stay on BB. BTW , I have a curve, so its a bit outdated. I have never been a fan of the touchscreen keypad like Iphone, but I do read the net on it and on a curve screen using and manuevering webpages is a fucking joke.

I am not in a rush to replace, so if something great and new is comign I can wait. Orig I head iphone was coming to verizon (fuck at&t) , and I was going tow ait and get that, but sounds like the droid and some others have already near caught up with it and I generally hate apple in principle. What say you TW?

You will want a Droid. It fits the bill for all of that. The iPhone on VZW has been a rumor for a while and isn't truly feasible until 2012 at the very least.

You will want a Droid. It fits the bill for all of that. The iPhone on VZW has been a rumor for a while and isn't truly feasible until 2012 at the very least.

Ahh, just a rumor. I thought it was confirmed for this year, like september or some shit, but that makes sense. if true it would of already been confirmed.

I will look into the droid.

I just need to get my plan down. I only pay 30 for unlimited data / bb email , since we dont use the enterprise part.

But my plan for the wife and I - 2100 Minutes, Unlim Text - Unlim Data, and its 190/mth

I see this shit on tv from crap companies like metro pcs for $40 for those 3 things, and im like wtf. Even if we bought 2 seperate plans it would be like 110 cheaper. I know VZ is the most expensive, its also the best netwrok./coverage ive ever had, but twice as much?

But my plan for the wife and I - 2100 Minutes, Unlim Text - Unlim Data, and its 190/mth

I see this shit on tv from crap companies like metro pcs for $40 for those 3 things, and im like wtf. Even if we bought 2 seperate plans it would be like 110 cheaper. I know VZ is the most expensive, its also the best netwrok./coverage ive ever had, but twice as much?

That MetroPCS/Sprint stuff is awful. You'd be better off not even having a cell phone. VZW is a little more expensive, but imo it is worth it. My iPhone didn't even work in NYC when I was there.

I wouldn't say that. My sprint phone works great. I don't think I have ever had a dropped call. Their network is kind of small though but I don't pay for my phone so I don't care what the costs are when roaming :)

Im not sure vzw even works that way. I just pay for minutes, wouldnt matter if i was roaming or not. I am trying to trim bills, and figure out how to get my 190 vz bill down to 140/150 which seems reasonable for 2 ppl.

I wonder if splitting up and getting 2 sep plans would make sense. I need Data and Email and would like a fully functional phone like the Nexus One, Droid or Iphone.

All my wife needs is like 500 minutes and unlimited text. Other than calls to eachother, she uses 200-250 mins / mth. I Use 1000-2000 Depending on how often I am running the company while roaming around vs sitting at my desk where I rarely use it at all.

i didnt read the thread but i replaced my old curve's ball from something like blackberrytrackballs.com (or something) for 10 bucks for 2 and phone worked great until i got my 9700

Back