another annoying dual monitor question

KOS

Veteran XV
i was just wondering if it would be possible to have video playing on one screen while playing games on the main monitor

im using a 9800xt, a tv is hooked up through the s-video connection and i havent really ever had a dual monitor setup

... and yes i searched through about 11 pages already looking for this and didnt find anything

yes, should be possible.. you want to set the monitors up so you're just cloning the display across to the second screen.. you're then looking for 'overlay' options.. there should be a thing in the ati tabs to make anything using the overlay show up full screen on the second monitor. You can then launch your video - which should automatically come up full screen on the secondary monitor, then launch your game, and the video should stay there.

Can't be more specific, at work at the moment..

I have a dual running as we speak.

Extend the desktop to 2nd screen, get ultramon (not neccesary but awesome), play the video or movie or whatever you want to have running, move it to the right (or secondary) monitor, then start the game as you would.

Terra said:
I have a dual running as we speak.

Extend the desktop to 2nd screen, get ultramon (not neccesary but awesome), play the video or movie or whatever you want to have running, move it to the right (or secondary) monitor, then start the game as you would.

only works on a few games, i already tried that, thats why i was asking :p

i think its just a D3D thing, since tribes works fine running opengl, but ut2k4/lineage2 bugger it up

(im just using wmp)

Last edited:
I have a Tablet with a docking station (Turns it into a normal comp almost) and my normal comp is for games. I use my Tablet for work and AIM and such. Games main screen. Works well for me, sepreate keyboards and stuff.

Back