[ANDROID] Samsung MOMENT looks badass {SPRINT}

Doaln

Contributor
Veteran XV
2009-10-07_110936.jpg

This was the phone I've been waiting for. I just hope I'll be able to use it with my SERO plan. If at all, I'd have to buy off contract which isn't that big a deal. Anyway, specs

Moment features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard in addition to the 3.2-inch AMOLED touch screen, which has a proximity sensor and accelerometer. The smartphone is powered by an 800MHz processor and is stocked with all the necessary wireless options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and support for Sprint's EV-DO Rev. A network.

Like the carrier's other Android device, the HTC Hero, the Samsung Moment offers access to various Sprint services, such as Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, NFL Mobile Live and, of course, you can download more apps and widgets through the Android Market. The handset also has a 3.2-megapixel camera, a 3.5 millimeter headphone jack, Visual voice mail support, and up to 32GB expandable memory.

Launches Nov. 1st for $180 with 2 year deal rebate blah blah.

Highlights over other phones: full QWERTY, 800mhz cpu, AMOLED screen, optical joystick

Samsung Moment revealed as Sprint's second Android phone | CTIA Fall show - CNET Reviews

Last edited:
Gave up my Sero plan for the Pre. Do not regret it. Although I'm not familiar that phone, it does sound sexy on paper. I don't get excited anymore about phone specs on paper though--too much shit always goes wrong.

Gave up my Sero plan for the Pre. Do not regret it. Although I'm not familiar that phone, it does sound sexy on paper. I don't get excited anymore about phone specs on paper though--too much shit always goes wrong.
I don't think I'll drop SERO for anything. $30 for 500 minutes, unlimited web and texts, nights @ 7pm, etc. is just too good. To get a Pre I'd have to double my bill to $60. That's $720 over the contract. :(

i hate hearing about phones like this. I want to get a sweet new smartphone and everytime i end up settling back on getting an iphone...something like this pops up and will be out in a month. fuck

i hate hearing about phones like this. I want to get a sweet new smartphone and everytime i end up settling back on getting an iphone...something like this pops up and will be out in a month. fuck
I was going to play the waiting game too. I was going to wait for an Android Sprint phone with 4G but I realized it'll never be allowed on my SERO plan. Plus, in 2 years they'll have more 4G coverage than just Chicago and those other spots.

This is never going to be allowed on SERO. The only chance you have with SERO phones are items that are WinMo or dumbphones....even some dumbphones are disallowed now as well.

You can't just buy it off contract either, you specifically cannot add these phones to a Sprint account with SERO (30.00/mo) on it.

i'm thinking about getting a new phone, but the only thing i don't like about sprint is they don't use SIM cards.

blah

im between getting an iphone 3gs and "selling out"

or waiting on an android phone a on new carrier once my at&t contract is up

verizon just announced 2 android phones...decisions decisions

The nice thing about Sero is that you can sell the plan, so you don't have to pay the cancellation and you can get some cash, typically around 150. Sprint plans these days also have free mobile to mobile on any network, so the 60 dollar plan or whatever the baseline is suddenly becomes an insane value.

I haven't had tons of experience with Android, but I haven't been blown away yet. It seems like a nice platform though, especially compared to Windows Mobile.

If you have not had time to play with a Pre yet though, you should really do so. And not with a store version. If you have a friend with one, borrow it for a while and play around with it-the last update made it snappy as hell, which, baseline, is what keeps all of these 'integration friendly' phones from doing well-they arn't built for it from the ground up.

Doubling my monthly price for virtually the same service is suck :(

dunno what i'm going to do

Back